Paul Matthews > DWF > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
- Go to...
I am a Partner in the Regulatory team and a corporate defence specialist who provides up-front regulatory compliance advice and representation to businesses and senior managers in relation to investigations and prosecutions by regulatory bodies.
I advise and represent clients across the full regulatory compliance spectrum, with strong credentials in corporate manslaughter, health and safety, environmental liabilities and trading law in particular. I operate across sectors, but with key experience in relation to retail, manufacturing, energy and industrials, automotive and housing.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
DWF is singled out as ‘one of the leading health and safety teams in the North’ and its regulatory, compliance and investigations practice regularly handles high-profile inquests and investigations for a mix of insurer and corporate clients. Leeds-based Paul Matthews oversees the team, which acts on contentious and non-contentious matters across the construction, manufacturing, transport and food and drinks sectors. Mark Thompson is the key name for criminal litigation, while senior associate David Chant represents clients in police and local authority investigations. At the associate level, Sophie Parkin handles serious fatality cases.
- Leading individuals - Yorkshire and the Humber > Employment > Health and safety
- Health and safety - Yorkshire and the Humber > Employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Health and safety
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; defendant