Alison Grant > DWF > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
103 Waterloo Street
- Go to...
I am a Partner in our nationally renowned insurance practice. Although my work is national I’m based in Glasgow.
I have a commercial litigation background but now specialise in professional indemnity and commercial insurance.
At DWF, the litigation group receives a steady stream of high-value mandates across the real estate, commercial property and construction industries, acting for an array of clients from its base in Edinburgh. Led by highly rated Naomi Pryde who is singled out for her ‘strong leadership’, the team handles a range of commercial disputes and cross-border work via its global offices. Contentious planning matters are dealt with by senior associate Ursula Carrie, who joined from Morton Fraser, while Alison Grant is the key contact for insured litigation and professional negligence matters.
DWF is noted for its ‘excellent knowledge of the market’ and continues to be instructed on solicitor’s negligence claims across Scotland. The group works closely with its London office and handles large cross-border claims for accountants, surveyors, architects and charitable organisations. Overseen by Alison Grant in Glasgow, the core team features Lindsay Ogunyemi, who represents professionals in litigated claims and mediations, and the highly rated Andrew McConnell, who handles construction related claims and high-value coverage declinature claims. The group also has a growing property-related practice.
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Insurance > Professional negligence
- Professional negligence - Scotland > Insurance
- Commercial litigation - Scotland > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Pensions
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation