Wayne Lawrence > DWF > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
NO 2 LOCHRIN SQUARE
- Go to...
I am the Executive Partner for Edinburgh and a Partner in our Corporate team with a strong track record in managing and advising on IT procurements and outsourcing projects. I have also extensive legal experience in corporate energy and the renewable energy sector.
I also have extensive expertise in corporate finance including acquisitions and disposals, MBO and MBI and general banking and finance including secured loan and credit facilities and debt funding for corporate acquisitions.
The corporate team at DWF is well known in the Scottish market for handling complex M&A transactions and is a popular choice for private equity investors. Also notable is the group’s expertise in UK-wide acquisitions and disposals, equity and debt restructurings, joint ventures and general corporate compliance matters. Wayne Lawrence is the practice head and Paul Pignatelli is another key name.
The energy practice at DWF handles the full spectrum of energy issues spanning corporate, finance, regulatory and commercial advice; real estate, planning and environmental work, and major projects and procurements. Jointly led by corporate expert Wayne Lawrence in Edinburgh and Glasgow-based David Gilchrist, the group is noted for its expertise in the electricity, gas and renewables sectors. Joanna Hamilton joined TLT, and Anthony McEwan and Moray Thomson departed to Shepherd and Wedderburn.
DWF‘s energy practice assists with the corporate, finance, regulatory and commercial, real estate, planning and environmental aspects of major projects and procurements, and has also built on its reputation in the electricity, gas and renewables sectors. Corporate experts David Gilchrist and Wayne Lawrence jointly lead the department from Glasgow and Edinburgh respectively.
- Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow - Scotland > Corporate and commercial
- Energy (excluding oil and gas) - Scotland > Projects, energy and natural resources
- Projects - Scotland > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Human resources > Pensions
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation