Melanie Williams > DWF > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
SNOW HILL QUEENSWAY
- Go to...
I am Head of the Hospitality sector group as well as a Partner in the Real Estate team, working from both the Birmingham and London offices.
I have over ten years’ experience of working on the investment and funding of real estate development projects and property tax driven transactions, in particular within the hospitality sector.
Helmed by newly promoted partner Charlotte Ward, DWF works with an enviable roster of blue-chip corporate clients, REITs, and local authorities across England on the full gamut of transactional and development-based matters. Toby Askin manages a number of the firm’s most high-profile client relationships, assisting various entities with acquisitions and investments. Melanie Williams , who heads up the firm’s hospitality sector offering, is sought out by numerous hotel chains and restaurant companies for property investment and development advice. Legal director Michelle Knight works with local authorities on regeneration projects and development agreements.
DWF‘s public sector team offers a complete spectrum of legal advice to local authorities, including niche areas handling complex claims relating to the Human Rights Act, historic abuse claims and professional negligence claims. The team is also known for advising on procurement and state aid arrangements. Group co-head Melanie Williams leads the global real estate practice group with a particular focus on property investment and development within the hospitality, consumer, real estate and public sectors. Fellow co-head Derek Adamson specialises in insurance policy interpretation, development of insurance law, fire, construction and local authority work.
- Local government - West Midlands > Public sector
- Commercial property: Birmingham - West Midlands > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Employment > Health and safety
- Public sector > Local government
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Real estate > Environment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Employment > Employment