David Abbott > DWF > London, England > Lawyer Profile
20 FENCHURCH STREET
- Go to...
David Abbott is an experienced insurance lawyer based in our London office.
Head of London Markets
David has significant experience advising insurers on trade credit and political risk, as well as many years of experience in reinsurance. He also advises the London and international markets on energy matters, including the onshore market and related mining and industrial work, as well as a range of liability coverage matters.
He regularly advises on high value, high profile matters in both contentious and non-contentious work.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The London market and global risk team at DWF is noted for its expertise in reinsurance matters and handles cases across the Middle East, Asia and Africa, as well as the US and Europe. The group handles matters involving property, energy, product liability and business interruption claims. Practice head David Abbott has experience in reinsurance matters, while John Groome handles casualty and property claims and Jonathan Moss acts for clients in commodities and shipping litigation. Antony Woodhouse is noted for his work in the Bermuda market and Iftikhar Ali handles construction and energy claims. Former global head of insurance at Ince, Kiran Soar, is a key contact in the team.
DWF, which is a strong choice for commodities disputes, is a key adviser to marine insurers, P&I clubs, shipowners and cargo owners. The key partners at the firm are David Abbott (head of the global risks group) and ‘knowledgeable, pragmatic and highly responsive‘ head of marine and trade Jonathan Moss. Moss frequently handles high-value disputes for international traders, bespoke commodities houses and shipping industry clients. Matters concern losses, cargo theft, piracy, charterparties, bills of lading, ports and terminals.
- Leading individuals - London > Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- Commodities disputes - London > Dispute resolution
- Insurance and reinsurance litigation - London > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- Public sector > Local government
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Employment > Pensions: dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Employers
- Transport > Travel