Simon Elphick > DWF > London, England > Lawyer Profile
20 FENCHURCH STREET
- Go to...
I am a partner in the Real Estate team in London specialising in commercial property investment and property finance.
I also act for commercial property investors and occupiers across a range of sectors and continue to develop my commercial and residential development practice.
DWF‘s real estate team is well-known for advising clearing banks, and is increasingly acting for alternative banks and non-bank lenders on residential and commercial development funding and portfolio matters, especially in the student accommodation, hotel and leisure spaces. The team additionally benefits from the firm’s strong national presence. Simon Elphick heads up the real estate team whilst Brendan Slack leads the banking side for the national real estate team. Simon Sharp joined the firm from Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP in November 2021 to jointly lead the banking team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Transport > Travel
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- Public sector > Local government
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Transport > Shipping
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Real estate > Property finance
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)