Peter Olymbios > DWF > London, England > Lawyer Profile
20 FENCHURCH STREET
- Go to...
Peter has a diverse range of experience in commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution, specialising in commodity and marine based disputes as well as professional indemnity defence work.
Peter is instructed by commodity traders, shipowners, charterers, manufacturers and insurers on a range of domestic and international disputes. He has participated in several successful mediations and has extensive experience of all procedural aspects of the arbitration and litigation process including handling cases to trial. Peter also regularly advises insurers on coverage issues and assists with non-contentious areas such as policy drafting and commercial contracts.
DWF is regularly instructed by insurers and their insured clients in litigation, particularly in relation to disputes concerning cargo and ship damage. The practice is also increasingly active in the superyacht space, advising clients on the purchase of these vessels, as well as associated litigation. Led by global transport head Jonathan Moss the practice frequently handles matters connected with Europe, Africa and Asia. Director Peter Olymbios and senior associate Radhika Ruparelia are also key contacts in the team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- Public sector > Local government
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Employment > Pensions: dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Employers
- Transport > Travel