JP Buckley > DWF > London, England > Lawyer Profile
20 FENCHURCH STREET
- Go to...
JP is a data protection expert, specialising in practical GDPR compliance, readiness and breach response.
JP is a Partner and Head of the Data Protection Team at DWF, based in Manchester. JP undertakes a wide range of information law work including data protection, cyber, e-commerce, direct marketing and freedom of information – and has cross-sector experience in these areas. He also has extensive experience in IT outsourcing and educational ICT, overlapping with his data privacy practice.
JP delivers project, advisory and transactional work in these areas, with particular highlights being data protection compliance reviews, process creation and dealing with ICO investigations and data breach reporting.
JP especially enjoys hosting and providing training sessions in data privacy, where he regularly provides clients, our teams and the wider business community with tailored, relevant advice and practical guidance, bring his topic area to life with practical, memorable examples. He ensures that the wider team is aware of data protection issues so that these can be proactively resolved before they become breaches.
DWF‘s ‘outstanding’ team houses ‘extremely capable and experienced legal practitioners’, who cover the whole spectrum of data protection and cybersecurity work, including international data transfers, the data protection aspects of corporate transactions, large-scale litigation and investigations, among others. From Manchester, compliance expert JP Buckley overseas the practice alongside London-based lawyers Stewart Room, who is rated as ‘one of the industry leaders in the area of data protection, privacy and cybersecurity’, and James Drury-Smith, who is especially sought after by clients in the tech, financial services and healthcare sectors seeking advice on governance and privacy matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Transport > Travel
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- Public sector > Local government
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Transport > Shipping
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Real estate > Property finance
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)