Vicki Swanton > DWF > London, England > Lawyer Profile
20 FENCHURCH STREET
- Go to...
Vicki is a healthcare expert who defends institutions and healthcare professionals from allegations of medical malpractice.
Vicki has over 25 years’ experience of working in the healthcare field, her career has involved working in Birmingham (Browne Jacobson) and most recently London (BLM), where she was based for 18 years and headed up the national healthcare team with operational board level responsibilities, including all aspects of client service delivery, staff performance and strategic development.
As part of her case management responsibilities, she has participated in numerous RTMs, mediations and trials and has particular expertise in managing multi-party disputes. Having worked for the public and private sectors defending clinical negligence claims (including being an NHSR Nominated Partner), as well as historically representing clients at inquests, before their regulators and at disciplinary hearings brought by employers, she is well aware of the interrelated issues that an adverse event generates and the need for a holistic approach.
The practice at DWF brings a ‘pragmatic‘ approach to a wide range of neurological, orthopaedic and paediatric claims. The firm regularly leverages its expertise in regulatory, criminal, disciplinary and inquest law to successfully resolve claims. Core team members include Will Marshall and Vicki Swanton.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- Public sector > Local government
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Employment > Pensions: dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Employers
- Transport > Travel