Chris King > DWF > Liverpool, England > Lawyer Profile
5 ST PAUL'S SQUARE
OLD HALL STREET
- Go to...
I deal with a wide range of corporate and commercial disputes for companies and individuals, including those arising from breach of commercial contracts, shareholder agreements, misrepresentation, fraud and professional negligence.
Director – Technical
I assist a range of clients including those involved in the food manufacturing and telecommunications sectors. I have niche expertise in the fields of probate disputes and pensions litigation.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
The ‘top quality litigators‘ at DWF provide a ‘faultless service‘ to an enviable client roster in which nationally recognised brands sit beside major North West businesses and high-net-worth individuals based in the region. ‘Excellent leader’ Andrew Whalley heads up the commercial disputes offering, while Matthew Stoll oversees the insured litigation practice group. Chris King regularly ‘brings both common-sense and savviness to crack tough cases‘, particularly those with a nexus to contractual issues. Legal director Lyndsay Crowder-Barton completes the roster of key practitioners, and is singled out as ‘a very useful asset to any team‘.
DWF is especially strong advising trustee companies, charitable trusts, and private banks regarding complex trust and probate disputes with a cross-border element. The team also is involved in trust disputes involving allegations of fraudulent activities by trustees. Daniel Williams was promoted to partner in February 2022 and is a key contact regarding contentious trust and probate matters. Christopher Noel focuses on advising high-net-worth individuals and family trusts on complex estate and trust disputes, while the Liverpool-based Chris King specialises in trust and probate disputes, as well as disputes concerning professional negligence and overseas trusts. Senior associate Paul Maddock is also noted for his work on probate disputes.
- Commercial litigation: Liverpool - North West > Dispute resolution
- Contentious trusts and probate - North West > Private client
- Next Generation Partners - North West > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Employment > Pensions
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery