Ben Johnson > DWF > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
1 SCOTT PLACE
2 HARDMAN STREET
- Go to...
Ben is a litigation and regulatory expert for financial services businesses.
Ben acts for clients in the financial services sector, primarily: clearing banks, payment service providers, ABLs and asset finance businesses. He advises on all retail banking disputes/complaints, provides regulatory work and has undertaken investigations often with a focus on fraud.
Ben has specialist expertise in all contentious, risk advisory and documentation aspects of Payment Systems (and Fintech) including merchant acquiring, card issuing and card schemes. He advises PSPs and businesses on issues including all aspects of payments regulation (IFR, PSD2, PSRs, e-money), payment processing contracts; payment card data breaches and security rules; Card Scheme Rules; fraud; complex Card Scheme contract structures; compliance for start-ups; and new card technologies.
Ben also advises on cyber security issues and has acted on investigations and litigation deriving from data breaches and criminal hacks in a number of high-profile incidents.
DWF stands out as a firm of choice for FCA-regulated motor vehicle recoveries work and is noted for its track record of successful representation of major players in the wake of the commission mis-selling wave. The department also has a nationally renowned asset finance litigation offering, which acts for institutional and challenger banks, as well as private lenders. Practitioners in the team are lauded by one client for being ‘extremely capable and creative in their approach to dispute resolution‘. John Perez, Ritchie Irvine and Ben Johnson are the key senior contacts in the group.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Employment > Pensions
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery