Andrew MacLeod > DWF > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
1 SCOTT PLACE
2 HARDMAN STREET
- Go to...
Andrew MacLeod is an insurance lawyer with over 25 years' experience defending claims against professionals.
Andrew is a Partner and leads our professional indemnity team in Manchester. He defends claims against professionals including architects, design & build contractors, consulting engineers of all disciplines, surveyors, valuers, insurance brokers and accountants.
Andrew’s work has a heavy focus on the defence of claims against construction professionals and design & build contractors and also contractual issues, both contentious and non-contentious. He is currently acting in several claims involving cladding issues. He also undertakes recovery actions on behalf of insurers and their policyholders, usually arising out of design and build matter.
Andrew also provides coverage advice and represents insurers in challenges to declinature of indemnity.
He assists clients in reaching commercially driven results outside the confines of litigation and he is well-versed in the full range of dispute resolution options, including involvement in arbitration, adjudications and numerous mediations as well as court proceedings.
DWF’s professional indemnity team defends claims brought against all professionals, including solicitors, surveyors, insurance brokers, technology and media consultants, and accountants. The department specialises in high-value, multi-party claims involving architects and engineers. The practice also advises on insurance policy coverage matters, including coverage advice to insurers in relation to claims on architects and contractors’ professional indemnity insurance policies. Andrew MacLeod heads the team, while director Hilary Harrison provides coverage advice to insurers, in connection with directors and officers insurance matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Employment > Pensions
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery