Catherine Haslam > DWF > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
1 SCOTT PLACE
2 HARDMAN STREET
- Go to...
My specialist area is commercial landlord and tenant law in the context of telecommunications mast sites and renewable energy schemes.
I also deal with the property aspects of telecommunications mast sites acting for both landlords and tenants, including site acquisitions, upgrades, estates matters and both incoming and outgoing site share.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Drawing on in-depth knowledge across the energy and natural resources sectors, DWF’s team acts for sponsors, public authorities and lenders. Key areas of expertise include the conversion of coal and gas-fired power stations to renewable technologies, green hydrogen and nuclear developments. Darren Walsh in Liverpool and Manchester regularly handles international nuclear energy and cutting-edge renewable energy projects. Manchester-based Catherine Haslam leads solar projects and has excellent reputation in wind and biomass matters while Jonathan Branton in Manchester and Leeds is a leading competition and state aid lawyer. Melissa Hutchinson left the firm in July 2021 for an in-house position at Boohoo Group PLC.
The team at DWF regularly advise multinational household names as well as central government clients on a broad range of real estate matters. Paul Inman has particular expertise in the hospitality sector, handling site acquisitions and developments for clients within the industry. Naveen Gupta co-heads the team with Inman, acting largely for leisure operators and institutional clients with large property portfolios. Rachel Lawler heads up the occupier sector group, and Catherine Haslam leads on telecoms sector deals.
- Leading individuals - North West > Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Commercial property: Manchester - North West > Real estate
- Energy, project finance and PFI - North West > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Employment > Pensions
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery