Colin Bushell > DWF > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
1 SCOTT PLACE
2 HARDMAN STREET
- Go to...
I co-manage DWF's Manchester Fraud Team as well as acting as a team leader role for an in-house fraud team within RSA.
My responsibilities include dealing specifically with significant fraud matters (being staged, induced or contrived in the main) as well as maintaining client relationships.
DWF handles complex personal injury claims on behalf of major insurers. The practice also has a niche in fraudulent personal injury claims. Ian Slater is the global head of the major injury and casualty practice area. Tom Higson leads the Manchester catastrophic injury team with expertise in brain and spine injuries, amputation, fatal accidents and chronic pain. In the Liverpool office, Jewels Chamberlain handles spurious soft tissue and whiplash claims, while Stuart Poole covers RTA, casualty and large loss exaggeration cases. Colin Bushell deals with motor and property damage matters.
DWF’s fraud and financial crime team, is recommended for acting on behalf of insurers in relation to alleged fraudulent motor and personal injury claims. Lorraine Carolan leads the team nationally, while Stuart Poole oversees the Liverpool office and is experienced in covering RTA, casualty and large loss exaggeration claims. Jewels Chamberlain co-heads the Liverpool branch, working with insurance companies in combatting spurious soft tissue and whiplash claims. The Manchester-based Colin Bushell is also noted for his work on insurance fraud.
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant - North West > Insurance
- Crime: general crime and fraud - North West > Crime, fraud and licensing
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Employment > Pensions
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery