Vikki Woodfine > DWF > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
1 SCOTT PLACE
2 HARDMAN STREET
- Go to...
Vikki heads up the firm's national Road Haulage & Logistics group as well as leading the North West Regulatory, Compliance & Investigations team. She specialises in health and safety defence work, road transport law, education, care regulation and abuse work. Vikki has vast experience in crisis management and working on the most serious and high profile fatality matters.
Vikki was part of the team who secured the first ever acquittal following a trial for Corporate Manslaughter, R v Ward 2014.
She has worked on a number of high profile child and baby fatality cases in schools and nurseries and has significant experience in crisis management and highly emotive cases.
She is often praised for her robust and relentless pursuit of the defence of her clients.
Vikki started a transport regulatory team at DWF which has grown significantly with that team ranked as leaders across a number of directories.
University of Sheffield
DWF‘s dedicated transport group has extensive expertise in crisis management, health and safety, compliance, motor criminal defence, rail, coach and bus regulatory including inquests, prosecutions and investigations by the RAIB, and insurance and claims management. Defendant work for motor insurers includes advising on fraud and low velocity impact, large and catastrophic injury, subrogated recovery schemes, small and fast track litigation, legal expense schemes and credit hire schemes. Vikki Woodfine heads the team and specialises in transport regulatory and health and safety.(Leading individuals)
Acting for a broad range of both companies and employees, DWF‘s health and safety team is frequently involved in disaster cases resulting from major incidents, including corporate manslaughter, fatalities and very serious injuries. North West team head Vikki Woodfine works closely with transport and logistics clients on health and safety matters, while Steffan Groch is considered a true heavyweight in this space. Solicitor Amanda Lea is noted for her work with the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea regarding the Grenfell Public Inquiry and the ongoing criminal investigation by the Metropolitan Police, while Joanne Witheford is another name to note.
- Health and safety - North West > Employment
- Leading individuals - North West > Employment > Health and safety
- Transport - North West
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Employment > Pensions
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant