John Williams > DAC Beachcroft LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
DAC Beachcroft LLP Offices
- Go to...
John has special expertise in corporate finance transactional work in a variety of contexts but has a broad skill set having built a wide-ranging career in law (including in-house), private equity and business management. John worked throughout the 1990s in Nigel Boardman’s market-leading Corporate/M&A team. After undertaking a number of non-legal senior management roles, he joined DAC Beachcroft as a partner in 2005 to set up a corporate finance team to work out of Bristol. Jon’s main clients at DAC Beachcroft include Fidelity International (including Moonray Investors), Bupa, Shore Capital and MITIE, for each of which he is DAC Beachcroft’s client relationship partner. Recent transactional experience includes advising: Fidelity International/Moonray Investors on its £20m divestment of Mutual Fund Technologies Limited to Australian listed company, Bravura Solutions; the flotation of AIM-listed Investment Funds sponsored by Shore Capital including the £80m pre-IPO Fund, St Peter Port Capital; Moonray Healthcare on a number of healthcare deals for its opthalmology business, Optegra, including the purchase of the Yorkshire Eye Hospital and the Aston University Day Hospital; Moonray Energy on the £10m purchase and investment in power management technology company, Amantys; Metinvest on its £350m acquisition of Trametal Spa (including Spartam Steel Limited) and subsequent re-organisation and related financings.
Trainee solicitor, Slaughter and May 1991; corporate lawyer, Slaughter and May 1993; general counsel and company secretary, Ascot PLC 1999; partner, Bliss Ventures Consultancy 2001; director, Business Development, First Great Western Trains 2004; head of corporate, Beachcroft LLP’s (now DAC Beachcroft LLP) Bristol office 2005 to date.
Society of Turnaround Professionals, practitioner membership; Law Society.
Bristol University (LLB Hons 2(1)); London Business School (MBA Distinction).
DAC Beachcroft LLP acts for clients on corporate M&A, restructurings and fundraising for IPOs. Work with a nexus to the energy and infrastructure sector is an area of focus, with the firm advising clients on commercial contracts and corporate strategies. John Williams leads the team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Public sector > Health
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Human resources > Employment: Bristol
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Planning