Ben Daniels > DAC Beachcroft LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
DAC Beachcroft LLP Offices
- Go to...
Commercial dispute resolution.
Ben is a commercial litigation lawyer with a particular interest in telecommunications and financial services. He specialises in obtaining urgent injunctions; the protection of assets at risk as a result of fraud; the protection of data and confidential information; defamation and reputational risk; and the resolution of complex contractual disputes. His experience includes: obtaining search and disclosure orders to prevent the misuse of illegally obtained customer policy details (securing the containment and return of data within hours of instruction) on behalf of a major life insurer; acting in a case involving two competing financial services multi-tied distributors, which involved allegations of inducement of breach of contract and the breach of restrictive covenants of a large number of senior executives; acting on behalf of an insurer and affinity group to restrain the misuse of confidential information and bringing a multimillion-pound claim connected to the poaching of over 50 sales advisers by a leading corporate wealth adviser; obtaining the successful recovery of misappropriated investment funds as a result of a sophisticated customer fraud (a case reported in the Court of Appeal: Allied Dunbar v Ireland); acting on a major, multi-jurisdictional fraud in which several life companies were defrauded by an offshore IFA, involving the recovery of assets via the Isle of Man, Gibraltar, Spain and Kenya.
Bevan Ashford 1994-2003; partner Bevan Ashford 2003; partner Bevan Brittan LLP 2004-2008; partner Beachcroft LLP (now DAC Beachcroft LLP) 2008.
Law Society; Bristol Mercantile Court Users Committee.
University of Hull (First Class Hons Management Systems); The College of Law, York (CPE; LPC).
Financial services is a core specialism at DAC Beachcroft LLP, which counts a number of market-leading insurers as clients. In addition, the team regularly acts for some of the largest financial advice networks in the UK. Elsewhere, the firm has a strong reputation in other general, commercial litigation. The practice has had an increase in data-related disputes, including those with a regulatory overlay. The group also has expertise in contentious matters connected with the healthcare, energy, life sciences and telecoms sectors. Ben Daniels and Daniel Preddy jointly head up the practice. Martin Langley is another key figure with experience of high-value litigation.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Public sector > Health
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Human resources > Employment: Bristol
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Planning