Alex Lock > DAC Beachcroft LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
DAC Beachcroft LLP Offices
- Go to...
Employment and pensions group.
Alex has provided specialist employment advice and guidance on all aspects of employment law to public and private sector employers for more than 17 years. He has considerable experience of Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeal Tribunal work on behalf of major companies, both preparing cases and regularly appearing as an advocate. He has had a number of cases reported, on sex discrimination, employment tribunal procedure and public interest disclosure. He is well known for his expertise on TUPE, especially its application to outsourcing of services in sectors including technology and telecoms and facilities management. He has spoken at seminars, on the radio and television and has contributed articles on employment law to several journals. Alex is a member of the employment and pensions group employee relations unit providing thought leadership on employers’ relations with trade unions and employees. Alex is also the editor of the Employment Lawyers’ Association monthly employment law journal.
Free Representation Unit 1995-96; called to the Bar 1996; head of litigation SBJ Employment & Safety Services 1997-99; joined Beachcroft Wansbroughs 1999, associate employment department, Bristol 1999, partner 2002; Beachcroft LLP 2006; DAC Beachcroft LLP 2011.
Industrial Society; Employment Lawyer’s Association; Employment Law Bar Association; Employment Tribunal User’s Consultative Committee.
DAC Beachcroft LLP primarily acts for the firm’s corporate clients in matters concerning discrimination, transfers of undertakings and detriment claims in employment tribunals. Alex Lock advises public and private sector employers on TUPE and outsourcing issues. Joanne Owers is praised by clients for her ‘blend of pragmatism and commerciality‘ and ‘unflappable style‘; indeed, clients say they have ‘complete confidence in her guidance and advice‘, particularly in the regulated financial sector.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Public sector > Health
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Human resources > Employment: Bristol
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Planning