Mr Harald Loeffler > DAC Beachcroft LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
DAC Beachcroft LLP Offices
3 HARDMAN STREET
- Go to...
Mr Harald Loeffler
Harald speaks fluent German and heads DAC Beachcroft’s German Desk dealing with instructions with a German language element, including:• advising internationally operating German, Austrian and Swiss businesses;• providing UK firms working abroad with a fully fluent German speaking contact lawyer; and • guiding clients through all aspects of commercial dealings abroad. Harald also deals with commercial disputes with particular expertise in contractual and tortious claims including misrepresentation, unlawful interference with contract and other economic torts, and professional negligence. Experience includes claims relating to/involving:• IT disputes; • intellectual property disputes (including software licensing); • shareholder/partnership disputes; • interlocutory injunctions; • defamation; and • product liability. Higher Rights of Audience. Solicitor and Austrian lawyer with experience of the civil law systems of Germany, Austria and other European countries.
Trained: DAC Beachcroft LLP; Qualified: 2003: Partner in present firm: 2015; Publications of note: various publications in German, Austrian and Swiss legal journals
Österreichischer Juristenverband (Austrian Lawyers’ Association), Society for Computers and Law, Intellect
Gymnasium am Kollegium Petrinum, Linz (Austria); Johannes Kepler Universität Linz, Linz (Austria)(1997 Magister Iuris (Law degree)); College of Law, Chester (2001, Postgraduate Degree in Legal Practice; 2000, Postgraduate Degree in Law); Nottingham Law School, Nottingham (2005,Postgraduate Degree in Advanced Litigation)
Cinema, opera, theatre, tennis
Ian McConkey is at the helm of DAC Beachcroft LLP‘s team, which, in addition to acting for most of the major professional indemnity insurers, has considerable experience acting for a wide array of professionals including solicitors, insurance brokers, property managers, engineers, architects as well as design and build contractors. The team also handles an increasing number of claims against ’emerging’ professionals, particularly those in the media and IT sector. Martin Paxton and IP and IT specialist Harald Loeffler are also key team members.
DAC Beachcroft LLP advises a broad range of national and international clients on both contentious and non-contentious IP matters including IP transactions, disputes and litigation. Other areas expertise include copyright, trademarks, passing off, database rights, confidential information and design rights. Key client sectors include insurance and healthcare. Harald Loeffler heads the team and is experienced in various IP litigation matters including licensing disputes, and trademark and design right infringement claims.
DAC Beachcroft LLP advises on shareholder, contract and professional negligence disputes and fraud and insolvency matters, with key client sectors including TMT, healthcare, insurance and the public sector. Jan Levinson heads the team and focuses on IT and outsourcing disputes and property claims, while the firm’s German Desk is run by ‘top solicitor’ Harald Loeffler in the Manchester office. Also recommended is Sydney Fulda, who is experienced in mediations, arbitration and adjudications.
- Commercial litigation: Manchester - North West > Dispute resolution
- Professional negligence - North West > Insurance
- Intellectual property - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Human resources > Employment
- Human resources > Immigration
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Public sector > Health
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Human resources > Health and safety