Jan Levinson > DAC Beachcroft LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
DAC Beachcroft LLP Offices
3 HARDMAN STREET
- Go to...
Commercial dispute resolution.
Jan specialises in commercial dispute resolution, with particular emphasis on IT and outsourcing disputes, property claims and corporate matters. His experience of heavyweight cross border disputes includes claims in Japan, France, USA, Singapore, Spain, Zimbabwe, South Africa and India. He is also an accredited mediator and has particular experience of dispute avoidance and all forms of alternative dispute resolution. He has a diverse range of corporate litigation and fraud experience including claims relating to/involving: urgent pre-action injunctions/speedy trials; product liability; breach of warranty/completion account claims; shareholder/partnership disputes; defamation/reputation management; property and environmental litigation. Jan is often asked for his comments on cases and has appeared on BBC Radio 5 Live, Sky TV and ITV. He was the Lawyer in the News in the Law Society Gazette in June 2009 and Lawyer of the Week in The Times some months earlier.
Trainee solicitor Hammonds 1990-92, solicitor 1992-99, partner 1999-2003; partner commercial litigation Beachcroft LLP (now DAC Beachcroft LLP) 2003.
Society for Computers and Law; British Association for Sport and the Law; Commercial Litigation Association; Property Litigation Association.
University of Newcastle upon Tyne (1989 LLB Hons 2(1)).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
DAC Beachcroft LLP advises on shareholder, contract and professional negligence disputes and fraud and insolvency matters, with key client sectors including TMT, healthcare, insurance and the public sector. Jan Levinson heads the team and focuses on IT and outsourcing disputes and property claims, while the firm’s German Desk is run by ‘top solicitor’ Harald Loeffler in the Manchester office. Also recommended is Sydney Fulda, who is experienced in mediations, arbitration and adjudications.
DAC Beachcroft LLP provides licensing advice in complex and high value matters. Although it handles license applications, the team is best known for its ability to provide commercial solutions on strategic licensing requirements. The team acts for a range hospitality, sports, leisure, health and public sector clients, and it is increasingly instructed by real estate and commercial property clients such as large shopping centres and investor landlords. Jan Levinson heads the team.
DAC Beachcroft LLP advises sporting clients on matters including commercial services, employment and contractual issues, disputes, corporate finance and licensing. A particular area of expertise for the firm is sports injuries – the practice handling claims involving clubs, players and medical professionals. Jan Levinson heads the team and focuses on commercial dispute resolution.
DAC Beachcroft LLP‘s global sports team’s has broad expertise, spanning commercial and regulatory dispute resolution, sponsorship work and IP matters. Clients include rights holders, sports associations and clubs, and the firm has particular expertise in pursuing personal injury claims on behalf of sportspeople, as well as financing work for football clubs. Jan Levinson, who specialises in commercial dispute resolution and personal injury claims, is currently advising a former Manchester City footballer on a High Court claim against the FA after he was forced to retire from the game due to an injury sustained while playing for the England under-16s team.
- Leading individuals - North West > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Commercial litigation: Manchester - North West > Dispute resolution
- Licensing - North West > Crime, fraud and licensing
- Sport - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Human resources > Employment
- Human resources > Immigration
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Public sector > Health
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Human resources > Health and safety