Alison Key > DAC Beachcroft LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
DAC Beachcroft LLP Offices
3 HARDMAN STREET
- Go to...
Alison leads DAC Beachcroft’s Manchester real estate team and has undertaken a wide variety of commercial property matters including numerous acquisitions and disposals of both freehold and leasehold properties for the private and public sector including options and conditional contracts. Alison has also acted on major schemes for the public and private sector. She is currently advising Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council in relation to major town and city centre redevelopment schemes. Alison is responsible for managing a team of lawyers involved in all forms of asset management, acting for landlords and tenants for clients such as Westfield, Hermes Real Estate Investment Management, Intu Properties Plc, Chester Properties and Development Securities. Sources describe Alison Key as ‘known for providing an excellent service in terms of quality and timeliness of all required inputs’ – Chambers and Partners UK 2013 edition and ‘”focused and motivated” practice head Alison Key advised across the public and private sectors…’ Legal 500 UK edition 2012, real estate, North West. Alison Key’s team is valued for its approachability, strength in depth, and response times – Legal 500 UK, 2010 edition, commercial property, North West.
Trained Vaudreys; qualifed 1997; partner Beachcroft LLP (now DAC Beachcroft LLP) 2004.
Leicester Polytechnic (LLB Hons 2(1)); College of Law, Chester (LSF first class).
North West > Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester(Leading individuals)
DAC Beachcroft LLP handles a full range of real estate work and is particularly noted for its experience in handling large scale asset management work for shopping centre operator clients. Commercial and residential development work is a key focus, and the team is also noted for its fund management expertise. The healthcare sector is an area of focus, as is real estate finance which is led by Peter Williams. The practice, which is led by Alison Key, was recently bolstered by the arrival of Sally Morris-Smith, who joined in 2019 from Shepherd and Wedderburn, and legal director David Lees, who joined from CMS in 2018.
North West > Public sector > Local government
DAC Beachcroft LLP is active across a range of real estate, project, corporate and commercial mandates and also offers expertise across construction, pensions, mental health, safeguarding, information law, corporate manslaughter, procurement, competition law and state aid. The team also handles core local government law and governance issues for local government clients. Northern real estate head Alison Key leads the team.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
DAC Beachcroft LLP‘s real estate team undertakes a variety of commercial property matters, including acquisitions and disposals of freehold and leasehold properties for private and public sector clients. Alison Key leads the firm’s northern real estate team.
- Leading individuals - North West > Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Commercial property: Manchester - North West > Real estate
- Local government - North West > Public sector
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Human resources > Employment
- Human resources > Immigration
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Public sector > Health
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Human resources > Health and safety