Polly Stephenson > Ashtons Legal > Ipswich IP4, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashtons Legal Offices
- Go to...
Polly trained at Ashtons and qualified in 2001.
Polly was made a partner in 2012.
Polly trained in general litigation before deciding that she would like to focus on contentious probate and disputed trusts, as well as professional negligence.
Polly has advised in several multi-million pound contentious trusts and probate disputes, acting for both claimant beneficiaries and defendant trustees, executors and beneficiaries. Polly advises in respect of claims involving the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975, breach of trust, potentially invalid wills, testamentary capacity, allegations of lack of knowledge and approval, undue influence, contentious Court of Protection applications, kin enquiries and devastavit.
Member of STEP and of ACTAPS
University of Liverpool English and History BA (Hons) 1994
STEP Advanced Certificate in Trust Disputes – Distinction
Partner and ACTAPS member Polly Stephenson leads the inheritance disputes practice at Ashtons Legal in Ipswich, which handles contentious trusts, Inheritance Act 1975 claims, wills and probate disputes, kin enquiries and related professional negligence claims on behalf of executors and trustees, claimants and defendants. The firm’s caseload ranges from small to multimillion-pound estates. Solicitor Bee Belby has a particular focus on cases for clients in the agricultural sector.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Ipswich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Ipswich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Human resources > Employment
- Real estate > Environment & planning
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Ipswich
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Transport > Transport and shipping
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich