Richard Foyster > Ashtons Legal > Ipswich IP4, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashtons Legal Offices
- Go to...
Personal Injury: Claimant
Partner and Head of Personal Injury
Richard qualified in 1996 and has worked at Ashtons Legal for his entire career, starting as a trainee solicitor in 1994 (called Graham & Oldham at the time). Richard was made Partner in 2000.
Richard is Head of Personal Injury at Ashtons Legal and specialises in high value workplace and employer’s liability claims and increasingly on mesothelioma cases. He also represents clients in road traffic accidents, product liability claims and public liability claims.
Richard is a Senior Litigator with APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers), and a Panel Member of the Solicitors Regulation Authority Personal Injury Panel (formerly the Law Society Personal Injury Panel).
Richard went to Birmingham University and Limoges University (France) to study Law and French. He obtained a Law/French LLB degree in 1993 with a 2:2 degree. He the went to Chester Law School where he passed his Legal Practice Course in 1994.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Ashtons Legal has a truly regional practice with experienced practitioners in many of its offices. Head of personal injury Richard Foyster leads the practice from the Ipswich office, where senior associate and APIL Senior Litigator Tom Ranson has more than 20 years’ experience. In the Thetford office, key partner Hannah Clarke, senior associate Siobhan Thacker and highly regarded associate Mick Upton, who joined from Slater and Gordon, are the key contacts. Partner Michael Wangermann in Bury St Edmunds also plays a pivotal role in the practice. The firm is known for the quality of its client care, delivered partly through dedicated client liaison managers, and its stellar track record in complex cases involving, inter alia, serious brain injury, particularly in children, spinal injury, amputation and industrial disease.
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Personal injury: claimant - East Anglia > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Ipswich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Ipswich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Human resources > Employment
- Real estate > Environment & planning
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Ipswich
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Transport > Transport and shipping
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich