Ben Ward > Ashtons Legal > Norwich NR7, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashtons Legal Offices
- Go to...
Ben has been with Ashtons Legal since 2008 and is a Senior Associate within the firm’s highly acclaimed medical negligence team. He has experience of a wide-range of medical negligence claims including complex cardiac issues, bariatric surgery, blindness and impairment of vision, hospital acquired infections and catastrophic spinal injuries. Ben’s family background is in medicine and this has provided him with a good grounding in medical knowledge.
Over the past few years Ben has become particularly well-regarded in dealing with cases involving delays in the diagnosis of cancer. He has acted on behalf of many cancer sufferers and their families where the delay in diagnosis of cancer has caused a serious progression of the disease requiring additional and/or more invasive treatment, an adverse effect on that patient’s life expectancy or, in the worst of cases, where the delay has resulted in the patient’s death.
Ben is well renowned regionally for acting on behalf of families at Inquest whose loved ones have died whilst being detained under the Mental Health Act or have taken their own lives whilst trying to access psychiatric services. He is a regular contributor to local media broadcasts on the levels of care being offered by psychiatric services in the local region.
Ben is the Honorary Secretary of the Norfolk and Norwich Medico-Legal Society and is the Treasurer for the Norfolk and Norwich Law Society. He won the ‘Young Lawyer of the Year’ category at the 2014 LawNet Awards.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
At Ashtons Legal, injury services represent a core part of the firm’s strategy and its large practice has a stellar track record in the highest-value and most complex cases of physical and psychological injury. Sandra Patton leads the medical injury team, which includes leading practitioners Tom Cook, who specialises in cerebral palsy and other complex and high-value birth or neonatal injury claims, and APIL senior litigator Sharon Allison, whose skills include advocacy at inquests. Rising star associates Ben Ward and Julie Crossley are also recommended.
- Clinical negligence: claimant - East Anglia > Insurance
- Rising stars - East Anglia > Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Ipswich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Ipswich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Human resources > Employment
- Real estate > Environment & planning
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Ipswich
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Transport > Transport and shipping
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich