Manjit Virdee > Schofield Sweeney > Bradford, England > Lawyer Profile
Schofield Sweeney Offices
CHURCH BANK HOUSE
- Go to...
Partner and leads on secured property finance and banking matters in the firm. Act for key banks, subprime lenders and other corporate and individual lenders and borrowers. Specialises in acting for lenders on Asset Based Lending, Acquisition Finance, Development Funding and a variety of investment situations in connection with acquisition/re-finance/gearing of large portfolio of properties. Extensive experience in advising lenders on facilities/loan documentation, security negotiations and derivative transactions. Act for borrowers in a wide range of situations, including negotiations with banks in acquisitions and disposals.
Trained at Edward De Silva & Co Solicitors in London; Qualified in 2003; Shires Wainwright Solicitors 2003-2006; Schofield Sweeney LLP 2006 to date.
Current Bradford Law Society President.
Leeds Metropolitan University (2(1)): Leeds Metropolitan University- Legal Practice Course.
Enjoy reading, cooking and following Formula 1.
Schofield Sweeney‘s banking team, which is led by Manjit Virdee, is increasingly active in secured real estate finance, asset-based lending, development funding and invoice finance matters. Virdee is supported by Karen Crutchley, who advises private lenders on peer-to-peer lending for new business start-ups, as well as real estate bridging finance.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire(Next Generation Partners)
Schofield Sweeney is well-equipped to handle a full range of real estate specialisms, with Darren Birkinshaw leading on residential acquisition and development, joint ventures and commercial landlord and tenant matters. Manjit Virdee ‘always provides first class service’ on property finance mandates. Richard Innes and Adam Hastie are key contacts for retail and energy sector work.
Based in Bradford, Schofield Sweeney‘s team is led by Andrew Hurst, who is experienced in acting for registered social landlords and their funders. The practice undertakes work in relation to funding, governance, development and regeneration projects. Simon Petchey advises housing associations on refinancing, while Manjit Virdee acts for lenders and social housing borrowers on facility and security negotiations.
- Next Generation Partners - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Social housing - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
- Banking and finance - Yorkshire and the Humber > Finance
- Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Real estate > Environment
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire