Mr Richard Fergusson > Schofield Sweeney > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Schofield Sweeney Offices
76 WELLINGTON STREET
- Go to...
Mr Richard Fergusson
Finance and Restructuring
Richard is a solicitor, licensed Insolvency Practitioner and a fellow of the Association of Business Recovery Professionals (R3) and a partner at Schofield Sweeney.
Richard is recognised by his peers as an expert in insolvency restructuring and cases of financial distress both of corporates and individuals. He is also well known for his knowledge of real estate insolvency. He regularly advises management teams, lenders and Insolvency Practitioners, and is seen as a trusted advisor by clients. With his insight into the particular demands of handling distressed situations and the often competing needs of involved parties he is able to add considerable support to securing a beneficial outcome.
Richard’s expertise covers the manufacturing, agriculture and professional service sectors, with particular experience of property issues and LPA Receiverships for lenders.
Attended Batley Grammar School,and Leeds University (LLB Honours). Trained and qualified at Dibb Lupton Alsop (now DLA) 1989-1992, Booth & Co (now Addleshaw Goddard) 1992 to 2000 and then partner at Keeble Hawson 2000 to 2015. Partner Schofield Sweeney 2015 on.
Fellow of the Association of Business Recovery Professionals and associate member of the ICAEW
Attended Batley Grammar School and Leeds University (LLB Honours). Vocational courses, Chester College of Law (Law Society Finals, 1988) and BPP (Joint Insolvency Examination Board, 1994) both passed at first attempt.
Schofield Sweeney has ‘a solid and capable team’, which is led by Richard Fergusson, who is an expert in sales of distressed businesses, property insolvency and receivership, and in advice to IPs and directors on disguised remuneration claims. Zoe Oates is knowledgeable about the contentious and non-contentious aspects of corporate and personal insolvencies. Huddersfield-based consultant Richard Drinkwater specialises in insolvency investigations and claims against directors under the Companies Act and Insolvency Act.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Real estate > Environment
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire