Leo Jones-Rowe > Schofield Sweeney > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Schofield Sweeney Offices
76 WELLINGTON STREET
- Go to...
Leo is a partner in the Dispute Resolution team. He advises on a range of contentious matters, with particular expertise in tax disputes, trading relationships, boardroom/shareholder disputes, professional negligence, pensions and commercial fraud. He has extensively litigated cases before the High Court, Court of Appeal, County Courts and Tax Tribunal.
Leo joined Schofield Sweeney in 2016. He trained at DLA Piper, before spending six years at DWF and then two years at LCF Law.
Law Society; Leeds Law Society; Black Solicitors Network.
Hummersknott School, Darlington; Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College; De Montfort University (2005 LLB, 1st); Nottingham Law School (2006 LPC, Distinction).
Leo is a keen sports and fitness enthusiast. He enjoys playing football and is a long-suffering supporter of Newcastle United. He is also a devoted musician and lover of music, and fronts an indie-rock band called Fenton.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire(Next Generation Partners)
Bradford-based firm Schofield Sweeney‘s ‘outstanding‘ commercial litigation team is ‘very well connected to the local business community‘ and assists Yorkshire-based corporates with a range of contentious issues. ‘Highly experienced partner‘ James Staton leads the team and has a range of expertise including shareholder disputes, intellectual property and passing off claims and regulatory issues. With experience in UK and EU export and sanctions matters, Simon Lucas is well-placed to advise clients on Brexit-related trade issues. Following the hire of Lucas from Squire Patton Boggs, the group further bolstered its practice with its acquisition Leeds-based boutique firm, Prodicus Legal, which added ‘dogged and pragmatic litigator‘ James Wood. Other names to note include Leo Jones-Rowe and associate Annie Hui-Gillen, who is ‘willing to go the extra mile to get a successful resolution‘.
- Next Generation Partners - Yorkshire and the Humber > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Real estate > Environment
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire