Adam Hastie > Schofield Sweeney > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Schofield Sweeney Offices
76 WELLINGTON STREET
- Go to...
Adam Hastie joined the Real Estate Department at Schofield Sweeney in June 2009, having previously been a Partner at Eversheds heading up their private sector development team in Leeds. Adam has also worked at Addleshaw Goddard.
Adam has experience in all types of property transactions, including property management (such as landlord and tenant deals), investment and development work. He has helped deliver complex projects involving joint venture/profit share arrangements with detailed site assembly including planning/highways agreements, utility service, infrastructure and construction issues. Adam’s experience includes the retail, leisure, office, health and education sectors working for public and private bodies.
Since 2009 Adam has developed the firm’s energy practice which includes renewable energy projects. He has acted for developers, landowners and contractors/consultants on schemes including wind, solar, biomass, waste to energy and battery storage. His work has included the development of a user-friendly option and lease structure to help build up multi-million pound multi-site projects and on their sale.
Adam Hastie joined the real estate department at Schofield Sweeney in June 2009, having previously been a partner at Eversheds and also having worked at Addleshaw Goddard.
Pocklington School; Manchester University; College of Law, York.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
Schofield Sweeney has demonstrable experience in residential development projects and property finance mandates, and acts for a range of clients across the renewable energy, healthcare, logistics and warehousing sectors. Based in Bradford, practice leader Darren Birkinshaw handles residential acquisitions and developments, regeneration schemes and property joint ventures, while Manjit Virdee focuses on secured property finance matters. In Leeds, other key members of the team include energy expert Adam Hastie, Farooq Zar and Tom Jackson, who joined from Walker Morris LLP in January 2022. Simon Hellewell joined the firm in May 2022 from Ward Hadaway LLP.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
The multidisciplinary team at Schofield Sweeney specialises in small energy sites and acts for its client roster, including developers, investors, landowners and consultants, on wind, solar, biomass, waste to energy and energy storage mandates. Adam Hastie leads the practice and advises on projects involving joint ventures with infrastructure issues. Karen Crutchley, who negotiates commercial agreements for energy plants, is another key member of the team.
- Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
- Infrastructure and energy - Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Real estate > Environment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms