Amanda Beresford > Schofield Sweeney > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Schofield Sweeney Offices
76 WELLINGTON STREET
- Go to...
Amanda is head of planning. A qualified planner, as well as a solicitor, her specialisms include all aspects of planning appeals, judicial reviews, planning agreements, listed building consent, environmental assessment, planning enforcement and also highways and compulsory purchase and for all types of development including – housing, waste, transport, and commercial.
Amanda ranks highly in The Legal 500 and was named as one of the top 20 planning solicitors in the UK by the Planning Law Survey.
Amanda has been included in the 11th edition of The Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom™ for planning law.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Schofield Sweeney provides strategic planning advice on large residential-led, mixed-use developments, and counts enforcement appeals, S106 planning agreements and compulsory purchase mandates in its workload. ‘Highly professional, yet personable’ practice leader Amanda Beresford is a qualified planner and is noted for her expertise in residential developments and regeneration schemes, as well as in energy and infrastructure projects. A recent work highlight includes assisting national bakery chain, Greggs, in objecting to a residential planning application proposed adjacent to its food manufacturing plant in the North East.
- Leading individuals - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate > Planning
- Planning - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Real estate > Environment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms