Kate Arnold > Cripps > Tunbridge Wells, England > Lawyer Profile
- Go to...
Advisory group, private client.
Partner in the private client advisory group providing bespoke succession and inheritance tax planning advice to individuals and their families, advising on wills, lasting powers of attorney, trusts, co-habitation agreements, Court of Protection matters, lifetime tax planning and estates. Acting for both domestic and international clients and working on cross-border UK/French issues. Advising family businesses on longer term succession, with a particular emphasis on agricultural businesses and properties. Partner in Cripps charities sector advising on the set up and governance of charitable companies and trusts. Interesting cases: acting for executors of multi-million pound agricultural estate advising on agricultural property relief, administration of estate dealings with difficult beneficiaries; advising trustees of trust consisting of substantial company shareholding on ongoing governance and inheritance tax issues; providing advice to trustees of a private charitable trust generally and particularly in relation to a multi-million pound project being undertaken by the trustees.
Trained Cripps LLP; qualified 2007; associate Cripps LLP 2012, partner 2014 to date.
STEP; Charity Law Association.
University of Exeter (2003 LLB/Maitrise 2(1)); University of Rennes II (2005 Legal Practice Course, Distinction); College of Law, Guildford (2008 STEP).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The ‘excellent out-of-London practice’ at Cripps advises a range of prestigious clients on charity law and governance. Well-regarded Tunbridge Wells–based practice leader Kate Arnold works alongside managing associate Dominic Ribet, who is praised for ‘providing practical solutions to knotty problems’. Arnold is head of the private wealth team; both advise on wealth planning, supported by a team of lawyers with expertise in other areas including employment.
Cripps’ Tunbridge Wells private wealth team advises clients beyond core succession and tax planning issues, with expertise in trust and estate administration, accounting work, and philanthropic giving. The team also works closely with the contentious private wealth team on trust and estate disputes and professional negligence claims, including the niche area of financial services negligence. Team head Kate Arnold, who is known for her ‘friendly and relaxed approach and ready availability’, has extensive experience supporting clients who have an international element to their affairs, with a particular focus on UK/French succession planning. Senior associate Clare Savory is also an active team member.
Cripps‘s Tunbridge Wells-based practice is led by the ‘tenacious and dedicated’ Sally Firby, who specialises in high value residential property work, regularly dealing with sales of country houses and farms. She is supported by experienced senior associate Kit Mordaunt; Kate Arnold leads the private wealth team, while Paul Fairbairn deals primarily with succession and tax planning. Property specialist Rebecca Hughes was recently promoted to the partnership, while Victoria Fairley joined from RadcliffesLeBrasseur LLP.
- Agriculture and estates - South East > Private client
- Charities and not-for-profit - South East > Private client
- Leading individuals - South East > Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Leading individuals - South East > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex - South East > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector