Russell Simpson > Cripps Pemberton Greenish > Tunbridge Wells, England > Lawyer Profile
Cripps Pemberton Greenish Offices
- Go to...
Russell leads the Specialist Disputes team at Cripps Pemberton Greenish. The team’s principal areas of practice are professional negligence, trust and estate disputes and regulatory disputes.
Russell has significant experience in dealing with all forms of professional negligence claims for private clients and is a well-known and respected figure in the market.
Russell is a member of the Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS) and combines his expertise in professional negligence and contentious trusts in many of the cases that he handles. He takes a pragmatic and commercial approach to cases, guiding clients on strategy and steering them towards the most effective course.
Over the past 12 months Russell has been engaged in a number of complex professional negligence disputes, some multi-party and high value; acting for Trustee beneficiaries in a multi-million pound Inheritance Act claim; and dealing with several Probate claims for both Claimants and Defendants.
Trained Cripps LLP; qualified 1986; partner 1990.
Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists.
The Skinners’ School, Tunbridge Wells; University College of Wales, Aberystwyth (1982 LLB).
Cripps Pemberton Greenish advises both UK and overseas high-net-worth individuals on high value trust disputes involving assets across different jurisdictions, offering “a truly specialist service”. 2020 saw the launch of Cripps Life, a legal management system for clients. Practice leader Myles McIntosh , who ‘commands great respect for his considered and measured approach’, heads up the team on major matters. ‘Excellent litigation strategist‘ Philip Youdan specialises in trust and will disputes, while Russell Simpson deals with high value probate and inheritance and trust disputes. Additionally, senior associate Dino Sikkel specialises in dispute resolution on high value trust and estate matters.
The Tunbridge Wells-based team at Cripps Pemberton Greenish advises both regional and national clients in high value claims involving solicitors, surveyors, financial advisors accountants, and architects. Russell Simpson, who leads the specialist disputes team, handles complex claims and is ‘always on top of the details‘. He works alongside Pradeep Oliver, who focuses on claims regarding mismanaged and mis-sold financial arrangements, including financial products, investments, and pensions, and is praised for his ‘clear thinking, calm and confident’ approach. Associate Tristam Razzell also has a focus on financial services claims.
The commercial litigation team at Cripps Pemberton Greenish frequently handles complex work involving shareholder and partnership disputes, insolvency, professional negligence and contract frustrations, with clients based nationally and increasingly internationally. The team is co-led by Ed Weeks and Russell Simpson; the ‘very commercial‘ Weeks has particular expertise of work involving senior individuals in business, especially shareholder disputes, while Simpson heads the firm’s specialist disputes team, with expertise in trust and estate disputes and professional negligence. Joanna Ford works with clients in the IT and technology sectors, whilst Tom Bourne leads on the team’s food and drink related disputes.
- Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex - South East > Dispute resolution
- Contentious trusts and probate - South East > Private client
- Professional negligence - South East > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector