Simon Wallwork > Slater Heelis > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Slater Heelis Offices
- Go to...
Corporate & Commercial
Simon is a Partner and Head of the Corporate Team at Slater Heelis. He has over 30 years’ experience in the industry, and advises on acquisitions, disposals and corporate transactions. He has specific sector experience of life sciences and technology, with particular expertise in advising early stage companies through their funding rounds to eventual exit.
In addition to his life science specialism, he acts for a wide range of companies within the digital, telecommunications and manufacturing sectors.
Simon has been consistently ranked in the top three of corporate transactional lawyers according to the Experian guides from 2015 to 2018, and held top positions for Most Active Legal Adviser in Manchester in 2019 and 2020.
Trained Elliot & Co; qualified 1988; Pilkington plc 1989-1992; Fox Brook Marshall 1992-2004 (merged with Wacks Caller 2002); Pannone LLP 2001-2011 (head of corporate 2008-2010); Semple Fraser LLP 2011-2014 (merged with Weightmans LLP 2013); partner Slater Heelis 2014 to date.
North Cestrian Grammar School, Altrincham; Sheffield University; College of Law, Chester.
Skiing, sailing, wine.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Slater Heelis continues to stand out as a firm of choice for lower mid-market M&A transactions, particularly in the life sciences sector. Entrepreneurial clients are another key source of instruction, and particularly value the team’s proven ability to guide early-stage companies through their funding rounds to an eventual exit. Simon Wallwork heads up the practice, and shares the workload with experienced practitioners Rhian Owen and Janet Robinson.
- Leading individuals - North West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial: Manchester - North West > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Family
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud