Simon Wallwork > Slater Heelis > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Slater Heelis Offices
- Go to...
Simon is a Partner and Head of the Corporate Team at Slater Heelis. He has over 30 years’ experience in the industry, and advises on acquisitions, disposals and corporate transactions. He has specific sector experience of life sciences and technology, with particular expertise in advising early stage companies through their funding rounds to eventual exit. In addition to his life science specialism, he acts for a wide range of companies within the digital, telecommunications and manufacturing sectors. Simon has over the last 5 years been recognised as one of most active corporate lawyers in the North West of England by Experian in its annual corporate financial review.
Trained Elliot & Co; qualified 1988; Pilkington plc 1989-1992; Fox Brook Marshall 1992-2004 (merged with Wacks Caller 2002); Pannone LLP 2001-2011 (head of corporate 2008-2010); Semple Fraser LLP 2011-2014 (merged with Weightmans LLP 2013); partner Slater Heelis LLP 2014 to date.
North Cestrian Grammar School, Altrincham; Sheffield University; College of Law, Chester.
Skiing, sailing, wine.
Slater Heelis is geared towards lower mid-market M&A transactions with the team particularly well-versed at matters in the healthcare and life sciences sectors. Simon Wallwork leads the practice, which prides itself on its representation of entrepreneurial clients, having acted for numerous early-stage clients from funding rounds through to eventual exits. Other expertise encompasses business-to-business and business-to-consumer contracts, franchise agreements, corporate governance and group reorganisations. Former partner Katharine Mellor has now taken up a consultancy role.
The ‘incredibly supportive’ Simon Wallwork is the key name at Slater Heelis; he heads up a ‘wonderful team’, and offering expertise on transactional matters. The practice is best known for mid-market M&A, with particular expertise in the life sciences and healthcare sectors. Specific focus is also directed towards entrepreneurial clients; the group has a track record of acting for early stage companies from funding rounds through to exit.
- Leading individuals - North West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West - North West > Corporate and commercial
- Corporate and commercial: Manchester - North West > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction