Phillip Rhodes > Slater Heelis LLP > Sale, England > Lawyer Profile
Slater Heelis LLP Offices
2ND FLOOR SUITE 2, 34 WASHWAY ROAD
- Go to...
Partner practising exclusively in Family Law with a particular emphasis on complex financial cases, often with multi-jurisdictional elements and those involving business interests, trusts and pensions. Extensive experience in cases involving intractable children disputes.
Advises unmarried couples in relation to cohabitation issues and prenuptial agreements.
Resolution-accredited lawyer-mediator practising all issues mediation.
Clients include celebrated and high profile individuals and professionals on a local, national and international stage.
Committee member of Resolution, whose 6,500 members comprise family lawyers and other professionals committed to the constructive resolution of family disputes. Sits as Treasurer to the Manchester Committee.
Comments on family law issues in both local and national media. Writes for legal and non-legal publications on family law issues.
Reported cases: Topping v Topping  EWCA Civ 1142
Trained Addleshaw Goddard (qualified 2004). Solicitor and Senior Associate Pannone (2007-2015). Slater Heelis 2015; Partner 2016.
Law Society. Resolution (Treasurer to Manchester Committee). Family Mediation Council. Trafford Law Society.
Arnold School, Blackpool. University of Oxford (2001 BA – 2.1). Manchester Metropolitan University (2002 – postgraduate diploma in legal practice (commendation)). University of Oxford (2005 – MA). Resolution accredited specialist (2012 advanced financial provision; private law children). Family Mediation Council (2015 – all issues mediation).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Human resources > Employment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction