Jim Tully > Slater Heelis LLP > Sale, England > Lawyer Profile
Slater Heelis LLP Offices
LLOYDS BANK BUILDINGS
16 SCHOOL ROAD
- Go to...
Jim is a Corporate Partner at Slater Heelis. He has a leading reputation in the North West private equity market, having built and led over 15 years the market leading practice at Addleshaw Goddard; at Slater Heelis his focus is now more on acting for individual entrepreneurs, management teams and investee companies.
Joining Slater Heelis from the, as well as his Director of Legal role, he had a commercial role as an Executive of the £10 billion food business. He specialises in advising family owned businesses, particularly those going through the generations, and, as well as advising on M+A/ corporate transactions, has a particular expertise advising all clients on governance.
Jim has brought significant new clients and work flow with him since joining in April 2019 and has been appointed a board advisor to JW Lees Brewery.
Solicitor / Trainee at CMA UK, 1991 – 1996; Legal Manager at BAE Systems, 1996 – 1999; Partner at Addleshaw Goddard, 1999 – 2014; Director of Legal and General Counsel Retail at the Co-op, 2014 – 2019; Partner at Slater Heelis, 2019 – Present
North West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
Slater Heelis LLP focuses on mid-market M&A and has a particular focus on the life sciences and healthcare sectors. Its entrepreneurial clients include GPs, pharmacists, dentists and vets, with the firm focusing on taking early stage companies through from funding rounds to exits. Simon Wallwork heads the team and specialises in corporate transactional work including acquisitions and disposals. Jim Tully joined as partner from an in-house position at the Co-op.
North West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
Slater Heelis LLP advises a wide range of clients including life sciences companies, charities, education, professional services, healthcare, veterinary and entrepreneurial clients. Sale-based Katharine Mellor is adept at handling M&A, reorganisations and partnerships matters, particularly in the SME and OMB space. Associate solicitor Richard Riley, who is also based is Sale, deals with software development, licensing and franchising. Simon Wallwork heads the team from the Manchester office. Jim Tully joined as partner from an in-house position at Co-op.
- Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West - North West > Corporate and commercial
- Corporate and commercial: Manchester - North West > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Human resources > Employment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction