Mark Hemsted > Clyde & Co LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Clyde & Co LLP Offices
50 BROWN STREET
- Go to...
Mark leads Clyde & Co’s volume motor practice, handling portal claims, multi track injury, credit hire, recoveries and overseas claims. His personal caseload is one of complex and catastrophic injury claims, and combined reserves are in excess of GBP 50 million. The claims are largely UK based but he also acts in advising on UK claims occurring in foreign jurisdictions.
Additionally, Mark advises insurers in relation to policy indemnity, property damage and general liability. He has extensive experience of pursuing declarations that policies of motor insurance should be deemed void from inception on grounds of material non-disclosure.
The Legal 500 in 2017 states he provides a ‘personal and detailed service on higher-value injury claims and complex indemnity cases’.
• Acting for the insurer of an off-road tour vehicle in relation to an accident involving a UK family
• Acting for an insurer in relation to the defence of a paraplegic claim incurred during a police chase. Advising on the defence of joint enterprise volenti together with complex issues as to the claimant’s knowledge of the driver’s intoxication, drug abuse and complex issues regarding the causative relevance of the claimant’s failure to wear a seat belt
• Acting for insurers in the Autofocus test litigation relating to allegations of commercial fraud by expert witnesses and the financial implication of that alleged fraud to third party hire companies
• Advising insurers in relation to the implications of the Coles recovery scheme regarding vehicle repairs
• Advising Dutch insurers in relation to an action pursued in the High Court of Amsterdam on the care and Court of Protection element of a UK national’s brain injury claim
• Advising insurers in relation to a brain injury claim in The Isle of Man including advice as to the appropriate discount rate in that jurisdiction
Qualified 1999, Joined Clyde & Co ( BLG 2009), Partner upon joining
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Insurance > Professional negligence