Mr Andrew Epstein > Clifford Chance > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Clifford Chance Offices
31 WEST 52ND STREET
NEW YORK, NY 10019-6131
- Go to...
Mr Andrew Epstein
Andrew Epstein’s practice focuses primarily on public and private capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other corporate finance and general corporate transactions. Andrew represents issuers, underwriters, initial purchasers/placement agents and purchasers in public and private capital markets transactions and buyers, sellers and financial advisors in M&A transactions. He has experience across a broad range of industries, including specialty finance, asset management, real estate and real estate investment trusts (REITs), hospitality and healthcare. Andrew has also advised clients in IPOs, follow-on equity and debt offerings, pre-IPO/144A offerings, Regulation S offerings and other private placements. Mr. Epstein has also advised institutional clients in the structuring of real estate opportunity funds and the continuing investment activities of these funds.
Fordham University School of Law (JD), 1992; Washington University (AB), 1989
At Clifford Chance, the multidisciplinary practice group has strength across capital markets transactions, private equity and M&A, and advises clients on US and international REITS work. The New York based team is able to leverage its global footprint to handle cross-border work with a representative matter in the European healthcare real estate space. Practice head Kathleen Werner , alongside senior partners Andrew Epstein and Jay Bernstein remain the key practitioners, and are active in equity REITS, securities offerings, and IPO’s. Jason Myers is ‘very knowledgeable’ according to peers, and advises issuers, underwriters, and sponsors in the real estate sector. Other core members of the group include Michael Seaton, securities partner Jake Farquharson, and counsel Jason Parsont.
Clifford Chance operates a broad-based practice covering investment grade, high-yield, covered bonds, project bonds and other capital markets transactions. The firm is particularly known for offerings by REITs and Latin American entities, including sovereign and sub-sovereign issuers. Closed end fund offerings and debt restructuring exercises are also fortes for the team. Andrew Epstein is an experienced figure in debt offerings by REITs, along with co-head of the department Kathleen Werner. Fellow co-head Jonathan Zonis and Hugo Triaca are key names in Latin America transactions, including sovereign bond offerings. Larry Medvinsky and Per Chilstrom have both left the firm.
Clifford Chance continues to be recognised for its prominence in REIT and Latin America offerings. Its global standing makes it especially well-equipped to handle US offerings by overseas issuers. It is also prominent in closed-end fund offerings in the US market; it advised BofA Securities as lead underwriter, on the IPO of BlackRock Capital Allocation Trust, a registered closed-end fund. Andrew Epstein and Kathleen Werner are leading figures in REIT offerings, including equity REITs and mortgage REITs, along with SPAC IPOs. Jonathan Zonis is co-head of Americas capital markets and is noted for Latin America offerings and issuances from other parts of the globe, while Hugo Triaca is another key name for Latin America offerings. Clifford Cone is closely associated with fund offerings. All named individuals are based in New York.
- Real estate investment trusts (REITs) - United States > Real estate
- Capital markets: equity offerings - United States > Finance
- Capital markets: debt offerings - United States > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Insurance: non-contentious
- Real estate > Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Finance > Capital markets: global offerings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Fintech
- Tax > International tax
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Capital markets: equity offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: high-yield debt offerings
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Real estate > Real estate
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Finance > Project finance