Jennifer DeMarco > Clifford Chance > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Clifford Chance Offices
31 WEST 52ND STREET
NEW YORK, NY 10019-6131
- Go to...
Restructuring & Insolvency, Banking & Finance
Jennifer DeMarco primarily represents financial institutions in US and international debt restructurings and financial transactions including in connection with debtor-in-possession financings. Complementary to her corporate restructuring experience, she is also an experienced bankruptcy court litigator, having appeared in bankruptcy courts throughout the US.
Fordham University (J.D.) 1989, Lafayette College (B.A.) 1986
Operating as part of a global network of lawyers equally fluent in the legal landscape of their respective home jurisdictions, the New York-based team at Clifford Chance plays a key role in complex, multi-jurisdictional restructuring matters, acting for senior lenders, corporate sponsors and entrepreneurial transaction parties. Key practitioner Jennifer DeMarco is known for representing financial institutions in US and Latin America-facing debt restructurings and financial transactions; she has a particular focus on debtor-in-possession financings. Douglas Deutsch is recommended for cross-border creditor work, and has particular expertise in the transportation and retail sectors.
Clifford Chance has a distinctive banking and finance practice with Latin America-facing teams in Sao Paulo, Madrid, New York and Washington DC, among other offices. The group covers a wide-range of financings, most notably project finance, acquisition finance, trade finance, corporate lending and restructurings. The firm benefits from extensive connections to multilateral agency lenders, export credit agencies (ECAs) and DFIs, while maintaining strong relationships with commercial banks and Latin American corporate borrowers. In 2020, the firm remained especially active in restructurings, bankruptcies, refinancings and Covid response financings. Acquisition finance and general corporate lending continued to be buoyant. Washington DC partner Fabricio Longhin is a leading figure in Latin America project finance, frequently acting for multilateral agency lenders, DFIs and commercial lenders. Washington DC partners Catherine McCarthy and Lori Bean are also key names in representing agencies and DFIs in Latin America financings, while Jennifer DeMarco has an excellent record in restructurings in the region. Andrew Young has been elevated to partner status. Named individuals are based in New York unless stated otherwise. However, Gianluca Bacchiocchi and Guido Liniado joined Latham & Watkins LLP (January 2021); while Christopher Willott, who focuses on Brazil financings, moved to Arnold & Porter in August.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Insurance: non-contentious
- Real estate > Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Finance > Capital markets: global offerings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Fintech
- Tax > International tax
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Capital markets: equity offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: high-yield debt offerings
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Real estate > Real estate
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Finance > Project finance