Anand Saha > Clifford Chance > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Clifford Chance Offices
31 WEST 52ND STREET
NEW YORK, NY 10019-6131
- Go to...
Capital markets, Banks, Transport & logistics
Anand Saha’s practice focuses on corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions, with a particular emphasis on transactions in brazil and other countries in latin america.
Anand advises underwriters and issuers on a range of equity and debt capital markets projects, including IPOs, SEC-registered and Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings, high yield, liability management, regulatory capital and MTN programs. Anand also advises on a range of corporate projects including mergers and acquisitions, start-ups and restructurings.
Clifford Chance is a strong player in Brazil equity deals thanks to its sizeable Sao Paulo office, while having strong presence in high-yield debt, hybrid securities and sovereign offerings across the region. Debt restructurings and refinancings are another forte for the team. It represents a wealth of Latin American issuers and a number of key banks as underwriters. It has a particularly strong record in offerings by financial institutions. Jonathan Zonis leads the Latin America practice and is co-head of the Americas capital markets group, having a strong record in corporate and sovereign offerings. Hugo Triaca has emerged as a pivotal member of the team, working on a range of equity and debt offerings in multiple Latin American jurisdictions. Anand Saha is noted for equity, debt and liability management transactions, especially those originating in Brazil. Sao Paulo managing partner Anthony Oldfield provides further senior level gravitas on headline and big-ticket Brazil offerings, frequently acting for both issuers and underwriters. Sao Paulo counsels Patrick Jackson and Anja Pfleger Andrade also provide further senior expertise on multiple Brazil deals, while associate Mariana Estévez also impresses. Gianluca Bacchiocchi and Guido Liniado have left the firm. All named individuals are based in New York unless stated otherwise. Since publication, Jackson has been raised to the partnership – effective as of May 2022.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Insurance: non-contentious
- Real estate > Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Finance > Capital markets: global offerings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Fintech
- Tax > International tax
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Capital markets: equity offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: high-yield debt offerings
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Real estate > Real estate
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Finance > Project finance