Esther Woolford > Clarke Willmott LLP > Taunton, England > Lawyer Profile
Clarke Willmott LLP Offices
BLACKBROOK PARK AVENUE
- Go to...
Commercial & Private Client Litigation
Esther Woolford is a partner in Clarke Willmott solicitors’ Taunton commercial and private client litigation team specialising in agriculture and property.
Clarke Willmott LLP acts for a wide range of both regional and national clients. The team is well equipped to represent clients before courts, including before the Supreme Court in the proprietary estoppel case of Guest v Guest. The team is led by Esther Woolford, an expert in property matters. Polly Ridgway is an experienced litigator.
Clarke Willmott LLP focuses on claimant-side professional negligence work, handling high-value claims against a range of insured professionals. In addition to representing individuals and companies, the practice also stands out for its work handling group claims. The team is jointly led by Alex Jakubowski and Philippa Hann. Jakubowski has a notable specialism in handling claims on behalf of businesses against their energy brokers, while Hann has a strong track record in litigation related to financial services, with Stephen Searle also noted for his knowledge of this space. Esther Woolford offers additional expertise in negligence claims related to agricultural property.
At Clarke Willmott LLP, practice head Esther Woolford attracts praise as ‘a star individual – dedicated and hardworking, responsive and goes all out for her clients’; her practice primarily spans commercial and agricultural matters including property litigation and contentious probate work. The group also receives a high volume of agriculture-related instructions thanks to its position on the NFU panel and has additional regulatory expertise through the specialist practice led by Daniel Gill. At senior associate level, key names include Laura Mackain-Bremner and Victoria Howlett; Howlett joined from BDM Law LLP in early 2022.
The team at Clarke Willmott LLP utilises its multi-disciplinary practice when overseeing matters, making use of its agricultural litigation team as well as its private wealth team. Bonita Walters and Esther Woolford lead the team. Walters is a reputable litigator, with over 20 years’ experience. Woolford specialises in agricultural and property litigation. Senior associate Sarah O’Grady ‘offers excellent advice with no pretence‘.
- Leading individuals - South West > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Professional negligence - South West > Insurance
- Agriculture and estates - South West > Private client
- Commercial litigation: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire - South West > Dispute resolution
- Contentious trusts and probate - South West > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Real estate > Environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI