David Jones > Tughans > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
30 VICTORIA STREET
- Go to...
Partner and Head of Department
David has experience of all aspects of commercial property in England and Wales and Northern Ireland including the acquisition and disposal of development and investment properties, leasing and property management (acting for both landlords and tenants) across all sectors. David also works with colleagues in the Corporate Department on the property aspects of business and company sales and acquisitions.
- Acted for Quintain over a 5 year period on the Wembley regeneration project.
- Acted for Glasgow City Council (Strathclyde Pension Fund) and Aberdeen City Council Pension Fund in acquisitions, disposals and portfolio management work.
- Acted for the Mall acquiring 8 large shopping centres in 6 months, followed by a multi-billion pound refinancing.
- Acted for Tesco in relation to its development projects and property management issues in NI.
- Acted for Apple in relation its property interests on the entire island of Ireland.
- Acted for a number of London and international based property funds in the acquisition, development and management of assets in NI, including British Land, Brockton Capital/Pradera, Picton Capital and Marathon.
- Acted for a number of occupier clients taking office, retail and industrial leases throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including a number of foreign businesses investing in NI for the first time.
David is dual qualified in England and Wales and Northern Ireland.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Tughans is active on high-value acquisitions, developments, and regeneration schemes, working across the UK and internationally. Team leader David Jones works across all areas of commercial real estate, with a focus on development, investment and large-scale landlord and tenant work. Rebecca Moffett is particularly active in the retail sector, while Joe Moore has expertise in development projects and business tenancies. Chris Milligan is another key team member, and works exclusively on energy, natural resources and infrastructure projects. Associate directors Amanda Byrnes and Gavin Robinson are other names to note.
- Commercial property - Northern Ireland > Real estate
- Leading individuals - Northern Ireland > Real estate > Commercial property
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant