Esther Kirwan > Clarion > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
13-19 QUEEN STREET
- Go to...
Partner; experienced in all areas of contentious and non-contentious IP, including patents, designs, trade marks, copyright and confidentiality. Acts for well known brands including Hard Rock Café. Has acted on leading Court of Appeal cases relating to patent entitlement. Manages global IP portfolios in over 50 countries.
Trained at Eversheds; qualified 2000; associate 2004; Lupton Fawcett 2006-2010; joined Clarion as senior associate 2010; partner 2014.
International Trade Marks Association.
King James High School; University of Sheffield (1996 LLB Law 1st and 1998 LPC Distinction); University of Bristol (2001 PG Diploma in Intellectual Property Law).
Korfball, tennis, skiing, travel.
Yorkshire and the Humber > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
Clarion‘s cross-departmental sports practice has the ability to leverage a range of experts to assist its client roster, which includes clubs, leagues, sport sector retailers and high-profile sports men and women. Practice head Richard Moran has experience in sales, purchases and the funding of football and rugby clubs, stadium acquisitions and sponsorship agreements. Other names to note include insolvency and restructuring partner Ryan Millmore, litigators Simon Young and Dominic Higham, IP specialist Esther Kirwan, and commercial lawyer Matthew Hattersley.
Yorkshire and the Humber > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
Clarion handles the full range of commercial, contentious and advisory work including patent, copyright, design and trade mark infringement litigation, brand creation and brand clearance, as well as trade mark registration and licensing work. Esther Kirwan heads up the practice and focuses on patent and other IP disputes and strategic advice, while recently promoted partner Sue Streatfield focuses on trade mark related matters.
- Intellectual property - Yorkshire and the Humber > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Sport - Yorkshire and the Humber > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Family: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Human resources > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Property litigation