Lynsey Harrison > Clarion > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
13-19 QUEEN STREET
- Go to...
Contentious Private Client
Partner – Head of Contentious Private Client Team.
Lynsey deals with all aspects of contentious private client matters and regularly deals with all types of private client litigation. In particular she advises on complex and high value Will disputes, Inheritance Act claims, Trust disputes and actions relating to the administration of estates. She also advises regularly on professional negligence claims arising out of this area of law.
Lynsey is also nationally recognised for advising on mental capacity disputes including all manner of Court of Protection applications.
Lynsey receives referrals from private individuals and professional clients including a large network of other legal firms.
Trained at Eversheds; qualified in 2001; became a Senior Associate in 2006 and promoted to Legal Director in 2016; promoted to Partner in 2017.
Member of the Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS). Lynsey was also awarded ACTAPS Contentious Solicitor of the Year in 2015. She is also an affiliate member of STEP and an associate member of Solicitors for the Elderly.
University of Plymouth (1996 LLB Hons – 2.1); Nottingham Law School (Legal Practice Course – Commendation)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The specialist Leeds team at Clarion is headed by Lynsey Harrison, ‘a star in contentious trusts work’. It advises on high-value, complex and often cross-jurisdictional trust and probate disputes; its workload consists mainly of will and trust cases, inheritance act claims and administration of estates cases. In addition, Clare King regularly deals with Court of Protection matters. The firm prides itself on its ability to work collaboratively in-house to achieve the best outcome for its clients. All lawyers in the team are members of the ACTAPS, but notable individuals are the ‘exceptional’ Nicholas Choiniere and ‘highly talented’ Louise Dodds.
The private wealth offering at Leeds firm Clarion is headed by Lynsey Harrison, Justine Osmotherley and Clare King, who leads on Court of Protection matters. Its workload primarily involves advising high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth clients in estate planning and technical trust and estate matters, with an increasing focus on estate planning for farming families. The team’s clients are often multi-generational, with international dimensions. The multi-disciplinary nature of the firm allows the private wealth team to draw on the resources of other specialists to ensure a well-rounded client service. Legal director Stephanie Parish is another noteworthy team member.
- Contentious trusts and probate - Yorkshire and the Humber > Private client
- Personal tax, trusts and probate - Yorkshire and the Humber > Private client
- Leading individuals - Yorkshire and the Humber > Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Employment > Health and safety
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Property litigation