Mrs Cecilia van der Weijden > CMS > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
1077 DG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mrs Cecilia van der Weijden
Cecilia van der Weijden is a member of the Corporate Practice Group and heads the Dutch Energy & Climate Change Team at CMS. For more than twenty years she has been dedicated to advising the energy sector on a wide variety of corporate and regulatory issues, including mergers and acquisitions and the development and project financing of (renewable) energy projects. She has a strong focus on renewable energy (on- and offshore wind, solar, biomass, biogas and heat projects) as well as gas and LNG contracts.
Cecilia has advised on a number of pathfinder projects, such as the development of the first Dutch offshore wind park (OWEZ), the participation of launching customers in the GATE LNG Terminal, the successful participation of Ørsted in the first Dutch offshore wind tender, the acquisition, development and project financing of (at the time) the largest solar PV park and the conclusion of the first two large corporate PPAs by global tech companies, including Microsoft.
Dutch, Italian, English, German, Chinese
Dutch Bar Association, NeVER, NWEA and ESNL
- International Relations (int. economy and law), Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Dutch Law (Commercial and Private Law), University of Amsterdam
- Chinese Language, Xiamen University, China
- Sinology, Leiden University
At CMS, the energy and climate change group handles the acquisition, development and financing of renewable energy projects. Its sector expertise includes biomass, onshore and offshore wind and solar PV projects. Practice head Cecilia van der Weijden has over 20 years of experience advising on commercial, contractual and contentious issues, and is noted for her expertise in power purchase agreements (PPAs).
CMS‘ multidisciplinary energy and climate change group has a strong focus on the renewables sector, where it is known for advising on the acquisition, development and financing of renewable energy projects. It has particular expertise in power purchase agreements (PPAs) for wind, solar PV and biomass projects. Practice head Cecilia van der Weijden has over 20 years of experience.
Roman Tarlavski leads the practice at CMS, which advises national and global companies, financial institutions and private equity funds on a range of transactions. The group takes a sector approach to corporate work, focusing on the financial services, energy, life sciences, consumer products, technology, and hotel and leisure industries. Reinout Slot has notable expertise handling deals in highly regulated spaces, Cecilia van der Weijden leads on energy work, and Pieter van Duijvenvoorde specialises in M&A.
- Energy: regulatory - Netherlands
- Energy: transactional - Netherlands
- Commercial, corporate and M&a - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: asset finance and structured finance
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Data privacy and data protection
- Energy: regulatory
- Energy: transactional
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: retail
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights