Lorenzo Villegas-Carrasquilla > CMS Rodríguez-Azuero > Bogota, Colombia > Lawyer Profile
CMS Rodríguez-Azuero Offices
Carrera 11 No. 77a-99
Semana Building, Office 301
- Go to...
Lorenzo is a Partner for the Firm in the Technology, Media & Communications (TMC) and Antitrust, Competition & Trade practices and coleads the Dispute Resolution team.
Lorenzo is a Partner for the Firm in the Technology, Media & Communications (TMC) and Antitrust, Competition & Trade practices and coleads the Dispute Resolution team. He has more than 21 years of experience advising national and international clients on matters of data protection and privacy, technology, Internet, ﬁntech, e-commerce and telecommunications. Also, he has significant experience in regulation and arbitration.
Lorenzo is a recognized expert in telecommunications and Internet law and has advised on matters related to disruptive technologies, big data, artiﬁcial intelligence, ﬁntech, cyber-security, start-ups and telecommunications regulatory issues. In terms of privacy and data protection, Lorenzo has advised national and foreign companies in the implementation of the Colombian data protection law and has significant academic experience in these matters.
Likewise, he has advised and represented in competition matters. He has been a professor at different universities in law and regulation of telecommunications, Internet, electronic commerce, data protection, arbitration and constitutional law.
Spanish, English and French
- Member of the New York Bar Association.
- Young Arbitrators Forum, Internacional Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- Grupo de Estudios en Internet, Comercio Electrónico, Telecomunicaciones e Informática – GECTI, Facultad de Derecho, Universidad de los Andes
- Réseaux de Contrats Publics dans la Globalisation, MADP-Science Po
- Asociación Iberoamericana de Estudios de Regulación, ASIER
- Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG), London Court of International Arbitration – LCIA
- Association de Droit Public de l´Économie, Universidad de París 2
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR) Young & International Association, American Arbitration Association – AAA
- 2004 – Master in Economic Public Law (DESS), University of Paris 2 Pantheon Assas, Paris, France
- 2003 – Master in Constitutional law – with honors (DSU), University of Paris 2 Pantheon Assas, Paris, France
- 2002 – International training program in utilities regulation and strategies – focus in telecommunications, University of Florida and the World Bank, Gainesville, Florida
- 2000 – Lawyer, University of Los Andes, Law School, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2001 – B.A. Political Science, University of Los Andes, Political Science department, Bogotá, Colombia
New entrant CMS Rodríguez-Azuero continues to record increasing activity in competition and antitrust-related work, with its practice focus encompassing a mix of merger reviews, investigations and regulatory compliance issues. Department head Lorenzo Villegas-Carrasquilla leverages his TMT expertise to pack a punch in technology-related matters. Other key contacts include senior associate María Camila Piedrahita, who supports on antitrust, TMT and international trade law.
CMS Rodríguez-Azuero‘s TMT team finds favour for its ‘good synchrony and communication‘, which ensures that ‘all issues are handled seamlessly‘, according to sources. The group is well versed in all key pillars of the technology, media and telecoms spheres, with particular expertise in regulatory, commercial and litigious work. Department head Lorenzo Villegas-Carrasquilla handles both contentious and non-contentious matters relating to data protection, technology, media, e-commerce, cybersecurity and telecoms, among other areas. Senior associate María Camila Piedrahita provides capable support.