CMS Francis Lefebvre > Paris, France > Firm Profile
CMS Francis Lefebvre Offices
2 RUE ANCELLE
- Go to...
- Firm Profile
- Main Contacts
- Lawyer Profiles
- Press Releases
- Legal Developments
- Comparative Guides
- Legal Briefings
CMS Francis Lefebvre > The Legal 500 RankingsCMS Francis Lefebvre derivatives and structured finance group remains a force in the marketplace, bringing strength to advising major domestic and international financial institutions and private equity firms (Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, Société Générale, BNP Paribas, My Money Bank/Cerberus) and corporates in gases, retail and mining, on a comprehensive range of matters. The practice utilises two dedicated groups: securitisation and structured finance (led by Grégory Benteux, who brings extensive experience counselling clients on the arranger or originator’s side, and Alexandre Bordenave, a specialist in distressed financings and banking litigation) and derivatives (part of the capital markets team, led by Rosetta Ferrère, who handles share equity and equity-linked products, and capital markets head Marc-Etienne Sébire). Counsel Pauline Larroque brings expertise to ESG derivative instruments.
Grégory Benteux; Etienne Sébire; Alexandre Bordenave; Rosetta Ferrère
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is amazing, very knowledgeable and professional. They respond quickly and take care of everything.’
Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank
La Banque Postale
My Money Bank/Cerberus
SOFAC Structured Finance
- Advised Cerberus and MMB Group on the home loans refinancing and covered bonds aspects of the acquisition by MMB group of the retail activities of HBCE Continental Europe in France.
- Advised covered bonds issuers (CAFFIL, SFIL, BPCE SFH, CM CIC Home Loans SFH, MMB SCF) representing a large part of the market, in order to implement the European reform on covered bonds entered into force on 8 July 2022.
- Advised Moroccan bank SOFAC and its subsidiary Sofac Structured Finance, for the setting-up of a securitisation transaction of receivables arising from vehicle leasing contracts with a purchase option.
France > The regions Tier 1
Specialists in business, tax and public law with a practice spanning the Greater South East and Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes regions, the experienced team at CMS Francis Lefebvre in Lyon advises private individuals and small, medium and large-sized companies across such sectors as food, waste management, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, real estate and life sciences. Key figures include François Coutard, Jean-Thomas Heintz, who handles M&A, the implementation of joint ventures and project operations, and Laurent Romano, who focuses on competition, health and distribution law. Guilaume Bossy has strength in employment litigation and social protection law.
François Coutard; Jean-Thomas Heintz; Laurent Romano
‘A complete and very creative firm. They have a very rich 360-degree view.’
‘Empathetic and responsive lawyers.’
‘Very strong responsiveness. Ability to understand the challenges of our company’s businesses.’
Aeroports de Lyon
Bai (Blue Altitude Invest)
- Represented Benta, a French pharmaceutical manufacturer, in a dispute with a laboratory, following the sudden termination of commercial relations after 12 years of collaboration.
- Reviewed and assessed for Immerialys a contractual scheme in the perspective of development of the property trading network.
- Advised pasta producer Ebro Group on the sale of its French subsidiary Panzani.
‘Very dynamic team, available and always pleasant, combining a very good practice of financial products and an excellent knowledge of the different markets. Number 1 international firm on the Euro PP market, far ahead of its competitors!’
‘Marc-Etienne Sébire is a great and excellent professional in the bond markets, both present on the files, accompanying his clients at all stages of the process and recognised as a teacher who knows how to deliver and explain his knowledge in a clear and reassuring way.’
‘Dynamic and friendly team. Very aware of market practices.’
Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank
Crédit Mutuel Arkéa
FM Holding Corporate
Crédit Mutuel Home Loan SFH
My Money Bank
Crédit Industriel et Commercial
- Advised NGE on its EUR 150m secured sustainability-linked Euro PP.
- Advised the lead managers (BNP Paribas, Crédit Industriel et Commercial, HSBC Continental Europe and Morgan Stanley Europe SE) on the inaugural EUR 750m Tier 2 bond issue of Groupe des Assurances du Crédit Mutuel.
- Advised Crédit Mutuel Arkéa on the establishment of its EUR 5bn structured debt programme.
Other key lawyers:
Al Khaliji France
Bank of China
- Advising Al Khaliji with respect to all its data protection issues, as its appointed external data protection officer.
- Assisting with a global GDPR compliance program for SPIE Operations affecting all subsidiaries of the SPIE Group.
France > Employment Tier 2CMS Francis Lefebvre advises SMEs and leading French and international companies, specialising in a wide range of industries, from the food industry to the industrial manufacturing sector. The practice has a broad range of expertise and is regularly retained to assist with the negotiation of new collective agreements; recent highlights include working on new working time organisation issues, remote working matters and post-M&A mandates. The team also frequently advises clients during M&A transactions and post-restructuring projects, and handles litigation as well as collective redundancy work. Key names in the practice include Laurent Marquet de Vasselot, Alain Herrmann, Pierre Bonneau, Caroline Froger-Michon and Guillaume Bossy.
Other key lawyers:
‘Stable and easy relationship, very complementary team of lawyers. Good knowledge of our business environment. Very structured firm, proven ability to respond, both in terms of advice and in the strictly contentious areas.’
‘Stable interlocutors, facilitated interpersonal relations. Lots of listening. Decent response times and relevant solutions.’
‘Exceptional responsiveness, innovation, competence, great practice’.
‘Caroline Froger-Michon and Aurélie Parchet are two high quality lawyers, always available, responsive, attentive. They have a pedagogical consulting approach that allows you to move forward in your HR and social practice.’
‘Well organised team. All needed expertise is available.’
‘Very professional and easy to reach out to’.
Chambre Nationale des Commissaires de Justice
Stanley Black & Decker Group
- Negotiating a collective agreement in the context of the creation of a new profession resulting from the merger of bailiff, auctioneer and Justice commissioner.
- Assisted InPost, a logistics company, with post-acquisition employment issues, and in particular issues regarding the status of key employees and managers.
- Advised Ebro Group on the selling of PANZANI.
Christophe Barthélemy; Céline Cloché-Dubois; Claire Vannini
Other key lawyers:
‘A competent and multidisciplinary team’
‘Céline Cloche-Dubois is very competent in her analyses and expertise.’
- Advising Photosol on a transaction worth €385m wherein French independent energy operator Rubis has acquired 80% of photovoltaic power producer Photosol France.
- Advising Océole on various offshore wind farm projects based in South Brittany and the Mediterranean.
- Advising Ailes Marines on the Saint-Brieuc offshore project since the beginning of the project in 2011.
Other key lawyers:
Jean-Baptiste Thienot; Florentin Sanson; Maxime Hanriot
‘We had the opportunity to work with different members of the firm. They were all very helpful and diligent in providing advice.’
Other key lawyers:
France > Tax Tier 2CMS Francis Lefebvre has one of the market's largest workforces with more than 200 tax lawyers; the vast majority are based in Paris with a small team also located in the Lyon office. The firm’s range of expertise is extensive and it covers a whole range of issues, from mainstream tax to more complex and niche areas. Its international tax, transfer pricing and litigation capabilities are among the best on the market. The team regularly handles high-stakes disputes where high financial amounts are at stake, acting for leading companies and banks. The team assists a prominent client base, made up of leading French and international corporations. It also advises on complex tax reorganisation work and provides tax advice on M&A transactions, including recently advising on some significant deals in the energy sector. The firm’s tax real estate expertise is also to be noted. Key names include the highly regarded Stéphane Austry, who coordinates the firm’s tax litigation and controversy group, Bruno Gibert, who specialises in international taxation and transfer pricing, and Edouard Milhac, whose main focus in on transactional tax issues. Also noted are Anne-Sophie Rostaing, Frédéric Gerner, Jean-Charles Benois and Ludovic Duguet.
Other key lawyers:
‘Very professional team, extremely competent, available and benefiting from a very strong credibility with the administration.’
‘Jean-Charles Benois: knows perfectly the problems of our company. Excellent advice, always available, fast, knowledgeable. Alexia Cayrel: enormous capacity for work, precise, high quality work that gives confidence’.
‘A dynamic, responsive, involved and technically very high quality team’.
‘Availability. Responsiveness. Quality of advice. Ability to have a business vision. Ability to understand clients’ issues’.
‘CMS Francis Lefebvre’s response has always been of high quality and has very often enabled me to resolve disputes with the tax authorities.’
‘I mainly work with Anne-Sophie Rostaing. I appreciate her availability, knowledge of our group, responsiveness in handling my requests and the relevance of her analyzes on often very specific subjects.’
‘The firm does an exceptional job at making you feel like their most important client!’
‘Edouard Milhac is always available, responsive and provides advice in a cogent, clear manner.’
Rubis Terminal Group
IDIA Capital Investment
- Assisting VIVENDI with tax litigation procedure claiming the reimbursement of corporate tax paid for fiscal years 2011 (€365 million), 2012 (€ 315 million), 2015 (€ 203 million), 2017 (€4.2 million) and 2018 (€1.3 million).
- Assisting DF SA with the signing of an exclusive agreement with GE for the acquisition of GE Steam Power’s nuclear activities relating to the conventional island of nuclear power plants.
- Assisting RUBIS TERMINAL GROUP in connection with the structuring of the disposal of their Turkish subsidiary, Rubis Terminal Petrol, acquired by Transpet Petrolcülük ve Enerji A.Ş., a Turkish leading player in the energy sector.
François Tenailleau; Claire Vannini
Other key lawyers:
Kawthar Ben Khelil; Thomas Carenzi
‘Very good responsiveness and great relevance of advice.’
‘Kawthar Ben Khelil shows great professionalism and efficiency on complex files.’
‘Great ability to understand complex and hybrid files in all their components (in particular financial and tax), which mix public law and private law environments and issues. Great pragmatism, both in the field of negotiation and in litigation.’
‘François Tenailleau intervenes personally in the management of cases. His reputation weighs positively in negotiations including with the institutional authorities and public actors.’
‘Kawthar Ben Khelil is a very knowledgeable, extremely responsive and customer oriented lawyer in the field of public procurement law with a perfect understanding of the respective matter at hand, even in very complex cases and contracts.’
‘The team is dynamic, agile and adapts to all stakeholders. Its strengths lie in the multidisciplinary nature of its members and in-depth knowledge of environments and markets. The team is highly qualified.’
‘Maître Ben Khelil is to be distinguished for her high technical and oral skills. She does not hesitate to highlight the different scenarios allowing decision-making to take into account all the legal and commercial aspects of the environment.’
‘Exemplary skills and responsiveness.’
La Banque Postale
Caisse des dépôts et consignations
Total Raffinage France
Société d’exploitation des ports du détroit (concessionaire of ports of Boulogne-sur-Mer and Calais)
British Embassy in Paris
Crédit Agricole group
Veolia Energie France
Axxès (Vinci/Eiffage joint-venture)
Paris Saint Germain Football (PSG)
Union nationale des centres sportifs de plein air (UCPA)
Agence pour la formation professionnelle des adultes (AFPA)
- Advised Railcoop on all regulatory, public law, financial and competition issues relating to the launch of its railway passenger services in France.
- Advised Veolia Energie France on the awarding of a service concession contract for the creation and operation of a heating and cooling network in Issy-les-Moulineaux.
- Representating McCourt Global in a major dispute relating to the award of the Pampelonne beach concession by the municipality of Ramatuelle.
IM Global Partner
Redburn (Europe) Limited
Market securities LLP
- Assisting N26 with its procedures and contractual relationships with its new clients, as a foreign digital credit institution entering the French market.
- Assisting IMGP in the acquisition of SYZ Asset Management (a Luxembourg AIFM).
France > Environment Tier 3Led by Céline Cloché-Dubois, CMS Francis Lefebvre‘s environment team advises on matters ranging from waste management and pollution clean-up to the ecological transition. The team works with lawyers from departments including corporate, energy and project finance, and has experience in transactional due diligence in addition to regulation and litigation.
Other key lawyers:
Marc-Etienne Sébire; Clotilde Laborde; Anne Plisson
‘As soon as I have a complex question in terms of environmental law, I contact Céline Cloché-Dubois. In addition to exceptional responsiveness, she, and of course the members of her team, is very competent. Her answers are always written in such a way that they are practical and understandable to non-lawyers.’
FUCHS Lubrifiant France
- Advised Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy on the sale of a 3.9GW portfolio of onshore wind projects worth €580m to SSE Renewables.
- Advised Waga Energy on the financing of six newWagaBOX projects; units that produce biomethane.
- Advised USLEEP on the negotiation of a commercial lease agreement for its first warehouse in France.
Nathalie Petrignet; Claire Vannini; Denis Redon; Olivier Leroy
Other key lawyers:
‘CMS-FL is distinguished in particular by its very high technicality: we choose the European law and competition law team headed by Claire Vannini for cases with high added value.’
‘Claire Vannini (partner) and Eleni Moraitou (counsel) show a very high technical level on subjects which are generally not as well mastered by most of their competitors, such as questions of state aid, substantive European law, etc. They are both also very available, even in an emergency.’
‘The CMS team has an excellent command of competition law and in particular merger control and the regulations relating to state aid.’
‘Claire Vannini – excellent knowledge of state aid regulations and the practice of DG Comp; pragmatic approach, in listening to the needs of the client and in the search for solutions. Eleni Moraitou – rigorous analysis and effective support in terms of state aid, availability and responsiveness.’
‘Good technical knowledge. Rigorous work.’
‘Very reactive. Very relevant in answers.’
Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations (CDC) / Air Austral
Jacobs Douwe Egberts (JDE)
General Electric Energy Products France
Paris Saint Germain (PSG)
- Represented NGE before the French Competition Authority for obtaining clearance for the acquisition by Montefiore (private equity fund) of a controlling stake in its capital.
- Advised Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations (CDC) in state aid matters related to the refinancing and rescue aid authorised by the EU Commission and granted by the French state to Air Austral.
- Advised PSG (Paris St Germain football club) in challenging the results of investigations made by the Ministry of Economy and subsequent penalties imposed for breaching payment terms.
Anne-Laure Villedieu; Jean-Baptiste Thiénot; Sabine Rigaud
Other key lawyers:
‘Anaïs Arnal is very pragmatic and reactive. The answers provided are clear and concise. Good management of files and good follow-up.’
SEMMARIS (marché de Rungis)
Hotel George V B.V.
Thomas Hains; Jérôme Sutour
Other key lawyers:
Laurent Hepp; Jean-Charles Benois
Eurazeo Invesment Manager
Stanhope Capital SAS
Technology & Strategy / Ardian
Idia Capital Investment
Grégory Benteux; Alexandre Bordenave; Geoffrey Levesque
‘Alexandre Bordenave – high-level, competent and customer-oriented lawyer.’
‘Good know-how. Able to adapt to smaller customers. Good coordination within the firm between the loan and bond teams (including private placement).’
‘Great expertise and reputation on the French market.’
Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank
LCL Le Crédit Lyonnais
CIC (including Crédit Industriel et Commercial, Banque CIC Est, Banque CIC Ouest and CIC Lyonnaise de Banque)
Arkéa Banque Entreprises et Institutionnels
Warburg Pincus / Groupe Polyplus Transfection
Crédit Suisse Asset Management
- Advised Natixis and the pool of lenders in relation to the setting up of an additional CSR backed EUR 150m to Immobilière de Santé (the main holding company for the Ramsay Santé group’s long-term investments in securities and/or real-estate assets).
- Advised NGE on the financing aspects reorganisation of its capital with a new EUR 350m facility and EUR 100m Euro PP bond financing, including RSE covenants.
France > Insolvency Tier 4CMS Francis Lefebvre is retained to handle a range of restructuring and insolvency cases, acting for a diversity of stakeholders including shareholders, banks, debtors, commercial partners and investors. The practice manages small to mid-size cases, but also regularly earns mandates on larger matters. It is notably acting in major cases in the aviation, retail and industrial manufacturing fields. Alexandre Bastos heads the practice, which also includes counsel Guillaume Bouté.
Other key lawyers:
‘Multidisciplinary, efficient and dynamic team.’
‘Alexandre Bastos is dynamic, precise and efficient.’
‘The team is very well structured with two people involved in the file who are very complementary. Their strength is their responsiveness. They are also proactive in managing files.’
‘Guillaume Bouté is a very responsive lawyer, who is very comfortable in the hotel sector. ’
‘A team attentive to the needs and constraints of its clients, expert on the various subjects dealt with, which enables it to deliver very high-level advice and to be proactive as to the solutions to be provided.’
‘Alexandre Bastos combines rigour, responsiveness and intellectual agility: his exemplary mastery of legal subjects and his sharp tactical sense make him a leading lawyer. The fluidity and efficiency of exchanges are made possible by a perfect understanding of the needs and challenges of its customers. A fine negotiator, Alexandre Bastos stands out for his ability to anticipate potential obstacles and to propose innovative arrangements.’
‘Guillaume Bouté is to be distinguished for his ability to embrace complex issues, analyze them quickly and propose creative and effective solutions. His in-depth expertise and his frank and committed communication make Guillaume Bouté an ally of choice in the defense of our interests.’
ALGONQUIN FRANCE HÔTEL SERVICES
BANQUE PALATINE and FCP MICADO FRANCE
MUTARES SE & Co. KGaA
- Advised ATRADIUS, a credi insurer, within the conciliation and subsequent insolvency proceedings of CNIM.
- Advised SODIAAL and its affiliates on the acquisition of the industrial activities of the drying unit of milk powder and whey owned by SYNUTRA INTERNATIONAL FRANCE, one of its major business partners.
- Advised NAGRAVISION (KUDELSKI Group) on the difficulties faced by SmarDTV GLOBAL and SmarDTV TECHNOLOGY under French insolvency proceedings and during the disposal of their activities.
Anne-Laure Villedieu; Jean-Baptiste Thiénot
‘The team is attentive to client needs. This allows them to give practical, business-oriented advice.’
‘Jean-Baptiste Thiénot: accessible, attentive, knows how to meet even tight deadlines and the needs of his clients.’
‘Multidisciplinary team, able to assist in all areas of intellectual property. Very good skills in patent and trade mark law.’
‘Jean-Baptiste Thienot is an excellent professional in patent law, with extensive experience in negotiation and litigation strategy.’
Alexandra Rohmert; Arnaud Hugot; Alexandre Delhaye
ARRK CORPORATION (Mitsui Group)
- Advised Volkswagen/Porsche on the Bugatti Rimac joint venture.
- Advised VIVALTO SANTE on (i) the acquisition of Confluent alongside Icade Santé and on the reinvestment of certain sellers (deal value c. EUR 300M) and on the acquisition by Vivalto Santé of Hopitaux Privés du Littoral (HPL) group.
France > Real estate Tier 4CMS Francis Lefebvre‘ real estate team, noted for its ‘beyond superb subject matter expertise’ is co-led by Benjamin Bill, Florence Chérel and Aline Divo. Across the team, there is an evident and impressive specialism in acquisition and disposal work, as well as lease and sale negotiation. Additionally, it has a strong ability to advise on construction and development work, on which it assists both investors and developers, and joint venture projects. Former team co-lead Philippe Riglet and Géraldine Machinet both departed to Franklin in November 2022.
Benjamin Bill; Florence Chérel; Aline Divo
Other key lawyers:
Arnaud Valverde; Lena Tchakerian
‘Arnaud Valverde was extremely responsive in our case. His legal analysis of the issues encountered was precise and effective.’
‘Aline Divo’s team is excellent when it comes to commercial leases, and more particularly when it comes to BEFA negotiations. There is great availability of the partner and his collaborators. Billing is clear and transparent also.’
‘Aline Divo, the partner, and Arnaud Valverde, her senior associate, are distinguished by their high technicality and their human values. Aline Divo is an outstanding commercial lease negotiator who combines technicality and relational intelligence.’
‘This team has a high level of real estate expertise in France and is capable of handling anything related to real estate (big or small) in France with exceptional expertise and professionalism. I appreciate their willingness to handle a broad range of commercial real estate project scopes.’
‘Beyond superb subject matter expertise, the team’s responsiveness (despite significant time zone differences) is impressive. Their English skills and creative thinking also stand out. We have worked most closely with Arnaud Valverde and Aline Divo, both in partnership and collaboration.’
‘Florence Chérel stands out for her great competence and her know-how in town planning. Benjamin Bill stands out through his total commitment to his clients in terms of commercial leases and negotiation of real estate projects.’
‘Florence Chérel has extensive knowledge of advice and litigation, and excellent creativity and innovation skills; senior associate Lena Tchakerian has strong technical expertise and availability.’
‘A team close to its clients, that knows its files inside out. There is a great competence in town planning and commercial leases.’
Union Investment Real Estate
BNP Paribas Real Estate
Munich RE – MEAG
Sienna Real Estate
UBS Real Estate
- Advised BNP REIM on the acquisition of a retail park located in the Paris area from Compagnie de Phalsbourg.
- Advised Deka Immobilien for the acquisition of a fully refurbished office building located in the Paris CBD from Sienna Real Estate.
- Advised MEAG on the off-plan acquisition of a logistics project in the north of Paris.
CMS Francis Lefebvre > Firm Profile
|Banking, finance and capital markets|
|Business law and taxation for Africa|
|Competition and EU|
|Employment and pensions|
|Hotels and leisure|
|Infrastructure and project finance|
|Insolvency and restructuring|
|Real estate and construction|
|Technology, media and communications|
|Mr Christophe Aldebert||He is a tax specialist with expertise in VAT matters. He works…||View Profile|
|Ms Elisabeth Ashworth||Elisabeth Ashworth joined the Tax Intelligence Department of CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats…||View Profile|
|Mr Stéphane Austry||Coordinates the tax litigation and controversy group of the firm (domestic and…||View Profile|
|Ms Annabelle Bailleul-Mirabaud||Partner. She specialises in international taxation with an expertise on permanent establishments, CFC…||View Profile|
|Mr Alexandre Bastos||Head of Insolvency & Restructuring team. Alexandre Bastos is a partner responsible for…||View Profile|
|Mr Ghislain Beaure d'Augères||Partner. His practice embraces both advice and contentious work for a clientele…||View Profile|
|Ms Kawthar Ben Khelil||Kawthar Ben Khelil is a Counsel within the Public law Department of…||View Profile|
|Mr Jean-René Bénichou||Partner in direct taxation. Jean-René Bénichou joined Bureau Francis Lefebvre Avocats in…||View Profile|
|Mr Jean-Charles Benois||Jean-Charles Benois joined CMS Francis Lefebvre in 2012 (and was co-opted as…||View Profile|
|Mr Grégory Benteux||Partner, Head of Securitisation and Structured Debt. He specialises in both domestic…||View Profile|
|Mr Gaëtan Berger-Picq||Gaëtan Berger-Picq joined CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats in 1997 and became a partner in…||View Profile|
|Mr Jean-Philippe Bidegainberry||Jean-Philippe Bidegainberry joined CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats in 1997. A tax specialist, Jean-Philippe…||View Profile|
|Mr Benjamin Bill||Benjamin has extensive experience in the work with clients on complex real…||View Profile|
|Mr Henri Bitar||Henri Bitar is a partner in VAT. He joined CMS Francis Lefebvre…||View Profile|
|Mr Pierre Bonneau||Pierre Bonneau joined the Employment Law Department of CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats in…||View Profile|
|Mr Alexandre Bordenave||Alexandre advises financial institutions and their clients in the implementation and negotiation…||View Profile|
|Mr Raphaël Bordier||Raphaël Bordier is a partner in CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats’s Employment Law…||View Profile|
|Mr Guillaume Bossy (Lyon)||Guillaume Bossy is a partner lawyer in the employment law department of…||View Profile|
|Mr Guillaume Bouté||Guillaume is a consel specializes in insolvency law, corporate restructuring, acting both…||View Profile|
|Mr Jean-Fabrice Brun||Partner specialised in civil law, commercial law, enforcement measures and criminal business…||View Profile|
|Mr Nicolas Callies||Nicolas Cailles joined the Employment Law Department of CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats in…||View Profile|
|Mr Pierre Carcelero||Pierre works specifically in the field of corporate and group taxation, with…||View Profile|
|Mr Laurent Chatel||Laurent Chatel specialises in local taxation. A partner at the firm since…||View Profile|
|Ms Florence Chérel||Partner. She assists investors as well as developers in the context of…||View Profile|
|Ms Céline Cloché-Dubois||Partner and Head of the Environment Practice. She acts for a large…||View Profile|
|Mr Michel Collet||He has an extensive experience in assisting inbound and outbound investments. He…||View Profile|
|Mr Jean-Eric Cros||Jean-Eric joined CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats in 1989 and is currently Head of…||View Profile|
|Mr Xavier Daluzeau||Xavier Daluzeau specialises in international taxation. His main practice areas are transfer…||View Profile|
|Mr Patrick Danis||Patrick Danis joined CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats in 1984 and became a partner…||View Profile|
|Mr Damien Decolasse||Partner. He specialises in employment law and provides advice in collective and individual…||View Profile|
|Mr Pierre Dedieu||Pierre Dedieu is a partner in CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats’s International Taxation…||View Profile|
|Mr Vincent Delage||Partner specialised in employment law and pensions. He provides advice in collective…||View Profile|
|Mr Alexandre Delhaye||He is a partner at CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre’s Corporate/M&A department. He specialises…||View Profile|
|Mme Aline Divo||She is a partner in the Real Estate Legal Department. She works in…||View Profile|
|Mr Arnaud Donguy||Arnaud Donguy is a partner in the Direct Contributions Department of CMS…||View Profile|
|Mr Philippe Donneaud||Philippe Donneaud started his career in the Taxation Department of CMS Francis…||View Profile|
|Mr Pierre-Jean Douvier||Pierre-Jean Douvier specialises in international law. He co-manages the International team. His…||View Profile|
|Mr Ludovic Duguet||Partner specialises in direct taxation and works mainly on restructuring operations in…||View Profile|
|Mr Olivier Dutheillet de Lamothe||Partner. Olivier Dutheillet de Lamothe joined CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats in 2014 as Counsel…||View Profile|
|Ms Rosetta Ferrère||Rosetta Ferrère is Partner in Capital Markets. She has a broad experience…||View Profile|
|Mr Richard Foissac||Partner in Tax. He intervenes particularly in real estate taxation, wealth taxation,…||View Profile|
|Mr Christophe Frionnet||Christophe Frionnet is a direct taxation specialist and specifically handles matters relating…||View Profile|
|Mrs Caroline Froger-Michon||Caroline Froger-Michon is Co-Head of the CMS Employment & Pensions Group. In…||View Profile|
|Mr Stéphane Gelin||Stéphane Gelin is Head of the CMS Tax Group. In this position,…||View Profile|
|Mr Arnaud Gérardin||Partner in the Tax department. Arnaud is managing the Strasbourg office of…||View Profile|
|Mr Frédéric Gerner||Frédéric is a partner at CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats specialising in direct taxes.…||View Profile|
|Mr Bruno Gibert||Partner specialised in international taxation and transfer pricing. On this last domain,…||View Profile|
|Mrs Cathy Goarant-Moraglia||Cathy joined CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats in 1995, and became a partner in…||View Profile|
|Mr Bruno Gouthière||Bruno Gouthière joined CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats on June 1, 1989.||View Profile|
|Mr Thierry Granier||His practice mainly focuses on international taxation, particularly in relation to mergers…||View Profile|
|Mr Renaud Grob||Partner in corporate taxation.||View Profile|
|Mrs Anne Grousset||She specialises in VAT and Indirect Taxation. A lawyer at CMS Francis Lefebvre…||View Profile|
|Mr Philippe Grousset||Partner in direct taxation Expert in direct taxes specialized in the following…||View Profile|
|Mr Daniel Gutmann||Daniel Gutmann is a partner in the Tax Doctrine team. He is…||View Profile|
|Mr Dimitar Hadjiveltchev||Dimitar develops services dedicated to the franco-bulgarian relations, together with Jivko Sedlarski…||View Profile|
|Mr Maxime Hanriot||Maxime assists local and international clients in legal counselling and litigation, in…||View Profile|
|Mr François Hellio||François Hellio has over twenty-five years’ professional experience and is involved in…||View Profile|
|Mr Laurent Hepp||Partner specialised in Corporate taxation. He advises French and international groups on…||View Profile|
|Mr Alain Herrmann||He is mainly involved in national and international restructuring of companies, job preservation…||View Profile|
|Mr Arnaud Hugot||Partner in Corporate/M&A department, he is specialising in M&A transactions, including private…||View Profile|
|Mr Luc Jaillais||Partner in direct taxation.||View Profile|
|Mr Olivier Kuhn||Partner. He is specialised in civil law, general business law, enforcement measures,…||View Profile|
|Mr François Lacroix||François Lacroix joined CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats in 1980. He became a partner…||View Profile|
|Mr Thomas Laumière||Partner.||View Profile|
|Mr Arnaud Le Boulanger||Arnaud Le Boulanger heads the Economics team of CMS Legal, in charge…||View Profile|
|Mr Christophe Le Camus||Christophe joined CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats in 1990 and became a partner in…||View Profile|
|Mr Pierre Le Roux||Partner in direct taxation. He has broad experience in private equity investments (venture…||View Profile|
|Mr Dimitri Leboff||Dimitri Leboff joined CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats in May 1999 and became a…||View Profile|
|Mr Christophe Lefaillet||Christophe Lefaillet joined CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats in 1989 and became a partner…||View Profile|
|Mr Lionel Lenczner||Partner in direct taxation, especially in relation to laxation of national and…||View Profile|
|Mr Olivier Leroy (Lyon)||Olivier Leroy is a lawyer and partner in the Competition-Distribution Law department…||View Profile|
|Mr Pierre Marly||Pierre deals exclusively with international transactions relating to Africa. He has been…||View Profile|
|Mr Laurent Marquet de Vasselot||Partner specialised in Employment and social security law: National and international restructurings,…||View Profile|
|Mr Romain Marsella||Romain is a tax specialist and works on advisory and litigation issues…||View Profile|
|Mr Edouard Milhac||Partner specialised in international and domestic taxation. He advises on mergers and…||View Profile|
|Mr Laurent Mion||Partner in banking & finance. He is particularly involved in banking and…||View Profile|
|Mr Rodolphe Olivier||Partner in employment and pensions. He is mainly involved in litigation in…||View Profile|
|Mrs Nathalie Pétrignet||Partner in EU, Competition & distribution. She is highly involved in national…||View Profile|
|Mr Denis Redon||Partner in EU, Competition & Distribution. His activity covers all EU and…||View Profile|
|Mr Johann Roc'h||Partner in international taxation. He advises clients on all tax issues related…||View Profile|
|Alexandra Rohmert||Partner in Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions||View Profile|
|Mr Thierry Romand||He has substantial experience in advising corporate clients on employment law issues.…||View Profile|
|Mr Laurent Romano (Lyon)||Laurent Romano is a partner of CMS Francis Lefebvre Lyon, in the Economic,…||View Profile|
|Mr François Rontani||Partner in international taxation.||View Profile|
|Ms Anne-Sophie Rostaing||Partner specialist in corporate tax, Anne-Sophie assists French and international companies with…||View Profile|
|Ms Aurore-Emmanuelle Rubio||Aurore-Emmanuelle Rubio is a counsel at CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats. She is…||View Profile|
|Mr Julien Saïac||Partner specialised in international taxation. He handles questions related to corporate taxation,…||View Profile|
|Mr Florentin Sanson||Florentin is a counsel active in contentious and non-contentious matters in various…||View Profile|
|Mr Jean-Christophe Sauzey||Jean-Christophe joined CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats in 1987 and became a partner in…||View Profile|
|Mrs Marie-Pierre Schramm||Marie-Pierre Schramm joined CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats in 1985 and was made a…||View Profile|
|Mr Marc-Etienne Sébire||Partner, Head of Capital Markets: Debt Capital Markets (plain-vanilla and structured bonds.…||View Profile|
|Mr Jérôme Sutour||Partner, Head of Financial Services: Asset management (funds structuring with an emphasis…||View Profile|
|Mr François Tenailleau||Public contracts (including public procurement contracts, concessions, PPP). Public property, urban planning,…||View Profile|
|Mr Jean-Baptiste Thiénot||Jean-Baptiste Thiénot is partner in the IP team of CMS Francis Lefebvre…||View Profile|
|Mr Pierre-Sébastien Thill||Pierre-Sébastien Thill is an expert in international taxation. Pierre-Sébastien has specialised in international…||View Profile|
|Mr Philippe Tournès||Philippe is a partner in the VAT department at CMS Francis Lefebvre…||View Profile|
|Ms Claire Vannini||Claire is a partner of the EU law, Regulatory & Competition department,…||View Profile|
|Mr Christophe Vezinhet||He specialises in direct taxation and works mainly in the field of…||View Profile|
|Ms Anne-Laure Villedieu||Anne-Laure Villedieu heads the Technology and IP Team of CMS Francis Lefebvre.…||View Profile|
|Mr Philippe Zoubritzky||Partner in direct taxation.||View Profile|
|Mr Olivier de Saint Chaffray||Olivier de Saint Chaffray joint CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats’s Taxation Department in…||View Profile|
|Mme Agnès de l'Estoile-Campi||She is a partner within the International Taxation team. She mainly works…||View Profile|
Staff FiguresNumber of lawyers : 520 at this office : 400
LanguagesArmenian Arabic Bulgarian Dutch English French German Greek Hungarian Italian Japanese Mandarin Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Spanish Ukrainian Vietnamese
MembershipsCMS is an international full-service law firm acting for major global and domestic corporations. 4 5000 lawyers work for CMS in over 78 offices.
OtherContact : Pierre-Sébastien Thill Other offices : Casablanca Other offices : Lyon Other offices : Strasbourg
Press Releases22nd August 2023 CMS has advised Ignite Thailand Holdings Limited (trading as “Roojai”), a managing general agent developing its own retail insurance products and distributing them digitally on a B2C model in Thailand and Indonesia,
22nd August 2023 CMS has advised Bitdefender, a global cybersecurity leader, on its cross-border acquisition of Singapore-based Horangi Cyber Security to address the growing demand for advanced, streamlined management of cybersecurity, compliance, and governance of multi-cloud environments.
Legal Developments8th August 2023 The Oaths, Declarations and Notarisations (Remote Methods) Bill was passed in Parliament on 2 August 2023.
Roadmap to Terminate the SGD Cheque Truncation System Eliminating Corporate Cheques by 2025 (MAS’ response to feedback received)7th August 2023 Introduction
- As part of its Smart Nation Vision, Singapore aims to transition into an innovative e-payments society where everyone has easy access to swift, simple and secure payments. To facilitate this transition, the Monetary Authority of Singapore (“MAS”) consulted financial institutions, members of industry associations, government agencies and members of the public on proposed initiatives to:
- eliminate centrally cleared cheques issued by corporates (“corporate cheques”) by 2025; and
- assist and encourage remaining users of centrally cleared cheques (including individuals) that are able to switch to alternative payment methods to do so.
- Respondents noted that cheques are commonly used in property-related transactions. For example, cheques are often used for the payment of stamp duties to the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore, and flat purchases from the Housing Development Board. To this end, MAS highlighted that the Electronic Deferred Payment (“EDP”) solution, which will be launched by 2025, can serve as a cheque alternative for property transactions. More information on the EDP solution can be in Annex B of MAS’ response. The Singapore Land Authority is also developing a Digital Conveyancing Portal (“DCP”) that seeks to digitalise the existing manual and paper-based conveyancing process, thereby eliminating cheques from the process as well. The DCP is targeted for full commissioning in 2026.
- As for the legal sector, respondents noted that while the Legal Profession (Solicitors’ Accounts) Rules has been amended to allow for the use of e-payments in respect of payment of monies out of client accounts, the requirement for such e-payments to be made with the authorisation of two solicitors using biometric authentication made it operationally and technically difficult. In response, MAS highlighted that the Law Society of Singapore has completed its review of the challenges relating to the use of e-payments for the payment of monies out of client accounts and has published a revised Practice Direction 3.3.11 for its members. The revised Practice Direction 3.3.11, which came into operation on 23 May 2023, clarifies the technical requirements for digital payments from client accounts.
- All Domestic Systematically Important Banks (D-SIBs) in Singapore will impose charges on SGD-denominated cheques by 1 November 2023, while the rest of the banks will do so by 1 July 2024. This will encourage payment users to switch to cheaper and more convenient alternative payment methods, where available. The financial industry will not adopt a baseline rate to be charged in view of anti-competition rules.
- There are also plans to implement charges for USD-denominated cheques for both corporate and retail users. Timelines for this and related initiatives will be set out in MAS’ second public consultation.
Footnotesp011_consultation-paper-on-roadmap-to-terminate-the-sgd-cts---eliminating-corporate-cheques-by-2025.pdf (mas.gov.sg) response-to-consultation---roadmap-to-eliminate-corporate-cheques.pdf (mas.gov.sg) response-to-consultation---roadmap-to-eliminate-corporate-cheques.pdf (mas.gov.sg) These banks are Citibank, DBS Bank, HSBC, Maybank, OCBC, Standard Chartered Bank and UOB.
Doing business in the UAECMS’s John O’Connor and Harkee Wilson discuss the challenges and issues businesses face operating in the UAE and investigate some of the recent changes in the business environment.
- Capital markets: debt capital markets
- Data privacy and data protection
- Industry focus: Energy
- Industry focus: IT and internet
- Media and entertainment: Music
- Administrative and public law
- Banking and finance: Bank regulatory
- EU, competition and distribution
- Intellectual property: Copyright
- Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs
- Private equity: Fund formation