Mr Rafael Suárez de Lezo > CMS Albiñana y Suárez de Lezo > Madrid, Spain > Lawyer Profile
CMS Albiñana y Suárez de Lezo Offices
PASEO DE RECOLETOS, 7-9
- Go to...
Mr Rafael Suárez de Lezo
Corporate / M&A | Dispute Resolution | Banking & Finance
Rafael Suárez de Lezo is Chairman of CMS Albiñana & Suárez de Lezo, a Partner of the Corporate / M&A department and a Member of the CMS Executive Committee. He specialises in the securities market, corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, finance, competition, insolvency law and dispute resolution.
In 2010 he was named as the top Securities Market lawyer in Spain by the International Law Office.
Madrid Bar Association
- Doctor of Law (Cum Laude), Universidad Pontificia Comillas ICADE, Madrid (Spain).
- Qualified Insurance Broker, Ministry of Economy and Finance (Spain).
- Course on International Contract Law, University of California (UCLA), Los Angeles (United States of America).
- Specialist Course on EU Law, University of Exeter (United Kingdom).
- Degree in Business Science, Universidad Pontificia Comillas ICADE, Madrid (Spain).
- Graduate of Law, Universidad de Deusto (Spain).
The ‘sophisticated and pragmatic’ CMS Albiñana y Suárez de Lezo has an international focus, with particular expertise in insolvency and pre-insolvency issues, as well as banking and creditors’ refinancing. The firm is active on the debtor side, acting for clients including multinationals, infrastructure concessionaires and smaller domestic companies. Senior partner Rafael Suárez de Lezo co-leads the practice with the ‘very commercial, seasoned and effective’ Juan Ignacio Fernández Aguado, who has ‘tremendous knowledge of bankruptcy law’.(Hall of Fame)
The ‘first-class‘ CMS Albiñana y Suárez de Lezo provides the full spectrum of M&A and corporate advice, particularly in the energy and insurance sectors. The firm has expertise in venture capital, outsourcing, capital markets, group restructuring and privatisation. Managing partner César Albiñana specialises in the securities market, corporate law and regulatory advice. He co-leads the practice with the ‘very valuable and trusted’ Rafael Suárez de Lezo, who has expertise in group restructurings. The team was strengthened in 2019 by the arrivals of M&A, corporate and securities market law expert Ignacio Zarzalejos, from Uría Menéndez, and counsel Pedro Ferreras, who joined from Ferreras Abogados and is known for advising start-ups and leading technology companies. Also notable are Rafael Sánchez and Javier Leyva, who were promoted to partner in 2019 and focus on private equity and venture capital.
- Hall of Fame - Spain > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Commercial, corporate and M&A - Spain
- Restructuring and insolvency - Spain
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Capital markets: Debt
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Industry focus: TMT
- Projects and energy
- Public law
- White-collar crime
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets: Equity
- Dispute resolution
- Intellectual property: Copyright
- Intellectual property: Trade marks
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency
- EU and competition
- Private equity