Mr Luis Vidal > CMS Albiñana y Suárez de Lezo > Madrid, Spain > Lawyer Profile
CMS Albiñana y Suárez de Lezo Offices
PASEO DE RECOLETOS, 7-9
- Go to...
Mr Luis Vidal
Luis Vidal is a Partner of the Dispute Resolution and Arbitration department at CMS Albiñana & Suárez de Lezo. Luis has extensive experience in the areas of civil litigation, corporate and banking law, insolvency law as well as domestic and international arbitration. Moreover, he advises on insolvency law, defending the interests of industrial companies, financial institutions, investment banks, insurers, property developers, construction companies and private equity firms.
He draws on a wealth of experience in contractual disputes, corporate lawsuits (challenges to corporate resolutions, directors’ liability, shareholders’ agreements, etc.), insolvency procedures, and proceedings relating to construction, leasing projects, the sale and purchase of properties, investment products and the execution of guarantees. He participates in criminal proceedings relating to financial crimes and numerous arbitrations.
Luis has acted in high-profile court and arbitration proceedings (Court of Arbitration of the Madrid Chamber of Commerce, Civil and Commercial Court of Arbitration, Court of Arbitration of Madrid, International Court of Arbitration -ICC Paris-), on all types of contractual and corporate matters, advising and representing entities in the banking and finance, construction, automobile and energy sectors, acting on behalf of both Spanish and foreign companies.
- 2009 – Advanced Studies Diploma in Civil Law (PhD student in Real Estate Ownership Law), Universidad de Valladolid (Spain).
- 2008 – Doctorate in Civil Contracting Law, Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (Spain).
- 2003 – Master’s Degree in Corporate Legal Practice, Centro de Estudios Garrigues (Spain).
- 2002 – Graduate of Law, Universidad de Valladolid (Spain).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus: TMT
- Projects and energy
- Public law
- White-collar crime
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution
- Intellectual property: Copyright
- Intellectual property: patents
- Intellectual property: Trade marks
- Banking and finance
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency
- EU and competition