Ms Aida Oviedo > CMS Albiñana y Suárez de Lezo > Madrid, Spain > Lawyer Profile
CMS Albiñana y Suárez de Lezo Offices
PASEO DE RECOLETOS, 7-9
- Go to...
Ms Aida Oviedo
Competition & EU
Aida Oviedo is a Senior Associate of the Competition & EU department at CMS Albiñana & Suárez de Lezo. She specialises in EU and Competition Law, in particular restrictive practice, the abuse of dominant position, merger control and unfair competition.
She has been involved in numerous disciplinary and merger control proceedings, advising clients before the Spanish and European competition authorities. Moreover, she possesses vast experience in appeals before the Spanish and EU Courts, the design and implementation of compliance and audit programmes, ongoing advice on competition and distribution matters and due diligence processes.
Aida also represents clients facing damages claims arising from infringements of Competition Law.
Spanish, English, French, Italian
- Member of the Spanish Association for the Defence of Competition (AEDC).
- 2007 – Master’s Degree in EU Law, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (Spain).
- 2005 – Graduate of Law and Degree in International Relations, Universidad Pontificia Comillas ICADE, Madrid (Spain).
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Carlos Vérgez heads the three-strong competition and EU department at CMS Albiñana y Suárez de Lezo, which has a solid track record acting for clients in cartel investigations and merger control, and in the implementation and improvement of competition law compliance programmes. Senior associate Aida Oviedo, who has particular experience in matters related to abuse of dominant position, merger control and unfair competition, is another name to note.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus: TMT
- Projects and energy
- Public law
- White-collar crime
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution
- Intellectual property: Copyright
- Intellectual property: patents
- Intellectual property: Trade marks
- Banking and finance
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency
- EU and competition