Petra van Dijk > Spratt Endicott > Banbury, England > Lawyer Profile
Spratt Endicott Offices
52-54 THE GREEN
SOUTH BAR STREET
- Go to...
Petra van Dijk
Insolvency; Disputes; Dispute Resolution
Senior Associate – with extensive experience in advising insolvency practitioners, businesses and individuals in respect of insolvency matters.
Petra is an experienced insolvency lawyer, who advises on both contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters. Examples of recent workload include advising an administrator with regard to the sale of assets; obtaining an injunction against advertisement of a disputed petition; obtaining a validation order pursuant to section 127 of the Insolvency Act 1986; application to suspend automatic discharge from bankruptcy, application for examination under section 366 of the Insolvency Act 1986; advising liquidators and trustees in bankruptcy in respect of possible misfeasance, transactions at an undervalue and preference claims; assisting trustees in bankruptcy with regard to realising their interest in the matrimonial home; and providing guidance to directors of companies in financial difficulty in respect of the wrongful trading provisions set out in the Insolvency Act 1986.
In addition, Petra provides advice on a broad range of commercial disputes, including contractual disputes, shareholder disputes and disputes which involve consumer law.
Trained Spearing Waite; qualified 2000. Wright Hassall (2005); Spratt Endicott (2011), Associate since 2015
Associate of R3, the Association of Business Recovery Professional.
Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands;
De Montfort Universit.
Reading, swimming, travel.
Spratt Endicott handles commercial disputes for a wide array of various clients but with a particular focus on professional services companies. The team is led by John Spratt , and in Anis Waiz has a specialist in finance and banking disputes. Senior associate Petra van Dijk handles IP and shareholder litigation.
The team at Spratt Endicott draws on expertise from the corporate, employment and property litigation practices to advise clients in areas of contentious and transactional insolvency matters. Practice head Petra van Dijk‘s contentious experience includes defending winding-up petitions, transactions at an undervalue, applications for administration orders and freezing orders.
- Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40 - South East > Dispute resolution
- Insolvency and corporate recovery - South East > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery