Kevan Hankinson > Butcher & Barlow LLP > Bury, England > Lawyer Profile
Butcher & Barlow LLP Offices
2 BANK STREET
- Go to...
Partner and Head of Family
Trained with Dootson Eckersley Hope and qualified in 1998. Worked as a solicitor at Woodcock and Sons, and then was a partner at Salt Veeder before its acquisition by Butcher and Barlow.
Law Society Children Panel, Law Society Advanced Family Law Panel (Financial Remedies, Private Law Chilren, (Violence in the home), Law Society Criminal Litigation Panel, Resolution Accredited Specialist in Family Law (Complex Financial Remedies, Private Law Children).
Bury Grammar School, BA (Hons) English Literature Lancaster University, CPE and LPC Huddersfield University.
Baseball, Walking, Computers and Literature
Butcher & Barlow LLP deals with both public and private children matters, often advising on alleged cases of domestic and sexual abuse. Practice head Kevan Hankinson focuses on complex private law children matters and is a dispute resolution specialist. Caroline Cockill-Guy is an accredited mediator covering family law cases, while Nicola Wingfield is a key contact regarding sexual abuse cases, allegations of serious non-accidental injury, and Contested Court proceedings. In July 2021 care work specialist Hollie Loughman joined as solicitor from Bury MBC, Bury Council’s not-for-profit supported employment agency. Rachael Pyke made solicitor in September 2021.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation